Stenny v Stirling

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i would have been w**king over him if we had beaten morton [/b]that lad will go onto becoming a Scotland legend him sandy and Chris smith made a shit team look good on Saturday

Although that did make me chuckle, I did think to myself...."well who would have thought that Snodgrass would of turned into the player he did when we watched him 8 (??) years ago" so fair play haha.

Snodgrass had massive potential when we signed him on loan, Beith will certainly not be a Scotland legend
a never thought Rodriguez would have turned into the player he became whilst with us so I certainly think Beith can

a never thought Rodriguez would have turned into the player he became whilst with us so I certainly think Beith can

No doubt Beith will become a good wee player but certainly not a Scotland legend

Its taken a while but it's 3 points for our 2nd win of the season.

That cuts the margin to 5 points between ourselves and Ayr.

We need to continue the momentum next week against Dunfermline at Forthbank, it will be difficult but I think we could get a point maybe even sneak a win with a bit of luck

Credit to Stirling Albion, they deserved the win. The first half was pretty even - Stenny had the better of the play, Albion had the better of the chances - but the visitors were the better side for the majority of the second. They won first and second balls and used possession a lot better than we did. Smith and Wedderburn are very limited defenders but we were unimaginative and played right into their hands. I don't think anyone from Stenny necessarily played poorly, it was just a collective slump.

Interesting stuff at the bottom of the table now.

Fair assessment from FF above. Well chuffed to walk away with the 3 points. By our own standards this season, it as assured a performance as we've had but to be fair Stenny failed to put us under much pressure.

It was good to see us mix the play up a little bit, there were spells of the game where we looked like a junior side just blasting the ball up the park but there were also spells where we played lovely possession football, working the ball into areas.

Due to the view you get from Ochilview terrace, I wouldn't say anyone really stood out, however, certainly in the First Half, I think that's probably the best Coult and Gordon Smith have played for us, long may that continue.

Interesting to note that there was no Doris in the squad today after what was posted previously.

I'd take performances like that every week now and although the coming 5 weeks will be tough, it's now game on with our fight for survival!!!

Thought we played quite well first half but still needed Fleming to keep the score down. The save from the header when he was going the wrong direction was superb. After we pulled one back I thought we would go on and win it. And then the 2nd half started and we were terrible. Who knows what next week will bring.

Archived