Stenny v Stirling

Stirling are honking at the moment, cannae play for 90 mins and leak goals like you wouldn't believe.

Last game at Ochilview was a second half collapse by Stenny as bad as ours was against pishy Morton last week.

Stenny have to win this one. Form book insists it will be so.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be an interesting game this Saturday at Ochilview, can the Albion get a repeat their only win of the season their or will it end in disaster ?

Given the fact the Albion defence have leaked goals all season and the 1st choice goalkeeper Callum Reidford is suspended it should be a home victory but if we can stay the course for the full 90 minutes you never know we may get something from this game.

We have been playing decent enough football but we cannot get over the line to get 3 points last Saturday a point in fact 3-1 up in the 2nd half then we fall apart in the last 20 minutes.

Prediction Stenny 2 Albion 2 I hope ! and for Ayr to lose hopefully :thumsup2

I absolutely hate going to Ochilview as well, complete hole of a "stadium". Will we be in the terrace again or is there a chance of being in the stand?

As for the match, I'm just looking for improvements defensively and for Paterson to take his chance to become our Number 1.

I absolutely hate going to Ochilview as well, complete hole of a "stadium". Will we be in the terrace again or is there a chance of being in the stand?

As for the match, I'm just looking for improvements defensively and for Paterson to take his chance to become our Number 1.

We'll be in the terrace as normal id imagine

You will be able to go in the stand or the terracing so no need to moan.

This will be our first back to back victory for 18 months which is ridiculous but certainly guaranteed against the worst team at this level you will ever see.

Neilly, on 30 Dec 2014 - 07:09, said:

You will be able to go in the stand or the terracing so no need to moan.

This will be our first back to back victory for 18 months which is ridiculous but certainly guaranteed against the worst team at this level you will ever see.

I hope you don't eat your words, from what I have seen of the teams in this league there is not a lot between them.

We are not that far away, playing some good football but giving away cheap goals.

I hope you don't eat your words, from what I have seen of the teams in this league there is not a lot between them.

We are not that far away, playing some good football but giving away cheap goals.

Yet we're still not winning matches

Yet we're still not winning matches

you are right, it would be great to get any kind of win. but under the previous management we got a few ugly wins, fans moaning horrible football.

now we are playing some neat stuff, but no wins to show for it. There appears to be a lot of surgery req'd to the team, especially defensively, fitness also seems to be a problem. but getting there, starting on Saturday.

2-1 the albion.

you are right, it would be great to get any kind of win. but under the previous management we got a few ugly wins, fans moaning horrible football.

now we are playing some neat stuff, but no wins to show for it. There appears to be a lot of surgery req'd to the team, especially defensively, fitness also seems to be a problem. but getting there, starting on Saturday.

2-1 the albion.

Agree we are playing better, hopefully this Saturday we will get some sort of result, anything but a defeat will do imo. Might be worth a chance dropping Gordon Smith to the bench and giving Lewis Small a chance up front with Steven Doris and Sandy Cunningham especially as its Astroturf at Ochilview might suit a smaller more agile attacker.

2-1 the albion.

Just now id rather ugly football if we picked up 3 points, desperate for a victory right now

We have come close to winning our last two games so Stirling aren't totally rank. Over the last quarter we have gone from pumpings to narrow defeats to getting a point and should have got at least a point on Saturday.

If we go down then fair enough, no- one will start blaming anyone but ourselves but we have been significantly better in the second halves of the last two seasons going on great runs. No guarantee it will happen again but I wouldn't rule it out.

Ochilview has been referred to as a "hell hole" twice - what's the beef? It's a comfortable, modest ground with an unimpeded view of the pitch.

When you say "unimpeded" are you meaning that in the Dunfy sense of the word, where large metal poles block your view and, in fact, you are charged over the odds for a restricted view?

Archived