Worst present you've bought?

Mr Romanov

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had kitchen roll from my Nan. Yes, kitchen roll...

EDIT: Ahh, just read the title again. Scratch that.

Worst present I've got would have to be Star Wars socks for someone who turned out hated Star Wars.

My dear old nana has outdone herself this year. I got, amongst other things, half a pack of brillo pads.

Fucking brillo pads.

My mother went off on a rant about Mothers Day once; how it was all a big consumerist con designed to get us to spend money, everyone should ignore it, etc. A week later, I hadn't bought her anything, and the sour wee speech I got about being an ungrateful wretch was something to behold :unsure2:

Disturbed by the poor presents bought by grannies in this thread - aren't they supposed to spoil the grandkids with stuff that the parents couldn't or wouldn't buy?

My maw got me a pair of Crocs this year. With previous years presents including the aforementioned copy of Mein Kampf and a severed Ostrich toe, I'm starting to think that I might be adopted.

More to the point where the f**k do you get a severed ostriches toe from?

Not Christmas but I once gave my Mum a nice bunch of daffodils for Mother's Day. Because she is by nature, a cynical and suspicious woman, she refused to believe I had bought them. Shocked at this smear on my character, I protested long and hard but finally gave in and admitted that yes, they may have accidentally fallen out of somebody's garden. Possibly the lack of shop-type wrapping gave me away. Or the dirt hanging off the bottom of them.

Either way, she made me take them back to the neighbour and apologise. The bloke was quite sound about it, probably because he could barely contain his laughter.

When you went round, did you open with "I stole some of your flowers for my mum?"

My mum once said she wanted nothing, saying "don't bother getting me anything, I don't want you buying me a present."

Got her nothing and she went mental.

Rookie error

Sister got me this for my Christmas.... I've no even got a beard. Heads Gone.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1419516616.165396.jpg

Petrol station at 11PM on Christmas Eve job imo

Got my sister a Cliff Richard calendar. She was fucking fizzing.

jj.png

My mum was complaining about not having many cards up this year so I went and got her this

1980b2b52c.jpg

Secret Santa £10 budget at my work.

A guy who LOVES Christmas got this utter rubbish. He was raging...

$_86.JPG

In my Secret Santa, I got a golf set you can play when you're sitting on the bog, a mug with a bell for ringing attention that you want some tea AND some Marvel aftershave, moisturiser, shower gel etc. All bollocks, but at least bollocks that cost £10 (more actually, since he/she left the price tag on).

Archived