Worst present you've bought?

Mr Romanov

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago I bought a packet of "joke" golf balls for a mate of mine. One would explode on impact with the club, one would fire out some streamers when hit, the other was impossible to putt. Even stuck them in Titleist box to try add to the authenticity. A lot of shite. Plus he clocked them right away that they were fake. £10 worth of shite.

My grandad bought my brother a box of cloths last and my gran an electric sander a couple of years ago.

When pressed it turned out he'd sat and watched the shopping channels one day, bought a load of shite when it went down to about £1 and then assigned his haul of junk to various members of the family as best he could.

30 years ago, we thought it would be a great idea to buy my mum a microwave for Christmas, needless to say we were out on Boxing Day to get her another present

When I was 13, I bought my mum a can opener for Christmas - not a word of a lie. 30 years later, I still experience a strange intermingling of remorse, cringe, and amusement when I think back on it.

I've had kitchen roll from my Nan. Yes, kitchen roll...

EDIT: Ahh, just read the title again. Scratch that.

Worst present I've got would have to be Star Wars socks for someone who turned out hated Star Wars.

Were you an, er....active teenage boy?

She was probably just trying to spare her curtains, to be fair.

Were you an, er....active teenage boy?

She was probably just trying to spare her curtains, to be fair.

:lol:

This was about two years ago. She gave me the standard socks and cheap deodorant set then pulled out a 2 pack of Plenty - wasn't even wrapped. Outrageous.

Bought someone a crate of non alcoholic beer last year, didn't notice until I was wrapping it, shrugged my shoulders and kept going planning on feigning ignorance.

I got given a dundee United calendar at my secret Santa. I spent that afternoon printing off pictures of Ciftci in tears at full time and Wright winding him up during the match. They have now been glued over all the players

I got given a dundee United calendar at my secret Santa. I spent that afternoon printing off pictures of Ciftci in tears at full time and Wright winding him up during the match. They have now been glued over all the players

Perfect material for when you get fed up of aiming for 180's tbh.

Archived