Stirling Albion v Morton

I think we'll win this one - although I share Ayrshireton's concern about Stirling breaking their duck at home. A win would give Duffy a bit of breathing space. A loss would confirm his position on a slippery slope (as would a draw) This next month will be pivotal - as Duffy's signings will determine whether the club is in recovery or in terminal decline under the current administration.[/

Is there a doubt that the club is in terminal decline?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game this season as I haven't been in Scotland since July. Hoping for a win (had a good record in games I saw last season W5 D1 L1) but not exactly confident given how the season has gone so far.

A loss will have no bearing on the immediate future of Duffer. Therefore no point hoping for that. We'll win anyway.

In what parallel universe would losing to a bottom of the league side, as part of a four games winless streak, not markedly increase the chances of his departure?

He probably won't actually be punted at 5:30 tomorrow, but you're deluded if you think that he doesn't need a convincing result tomorrow. If he doesn't get it, then pressure will increase by some margin.

The one that Douglas Rae inhabits.

All going well he'll be hounded too and will then deflect all scrutiny by throwing Duffy overboard - that's how it has worked at Morton for a decade.

This time the applause and relief at the removal of Duffy has to be drowned out by a continued hounding of the clown who appointed him, on a two year deal, this summer and is running the club into the ground.

that's us! So, an easy Morton win?

Nope, we are awful and you'll see that tomorrow. Just mentioning the fact that someone said if your defence 'stay strong' they've hardly been strong if you've conceded so many goals.

In what parallel universe would losing to a bottom of the league side, as part of a four games winless streak, not markedly increase the chances of his departure?

He probably won't actually be punted at 5:30 tomorrow, but you're deluded if you think that he doesn't need a convincing result tomorrow. If he doesn't get it, then pressure will increase by some margin.

My point, which you agree with, is that he is highly unlikely to be punted this weekend regardless of the result while others on this thread seem to think a loss will lead to his inevitable and highly deserved firing.

The one that Douglas Rae inhabits.

This is the reason for my scepticism. I have yet to be convinced that Dougie has any intention of punting him any time soon while we are still 'comfortably' in the playoff spots (despite the fact that being clear at the top would be the only position closely resembling acceptable). Having sat through the 5-1 humping at Cowden last year and watched in amazement as Rae did nothing about it for over a month, I have no faith that he will do anything close to the right thing (or Duffer wouldn't even be here now).

The pressure will intensify - from us - but i'm not sure the Chairman takes any notice of that just now

Archived