Stirling Albion v Morton

Jake, too easy isn't it?

Young Samuel may recall that when Duffy was the Clyde manager that one of the excellent tabloid newspapers had a quote from Duffy basically saying that Clyde had played well on the Forthbank astro.

Obviously the hack had not spoken to the Duffster and had made up the quote.

I mean obviously Duffy never said it, the genius of a man he is...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it happens to be the case that the clueless slaphead bringing in dross like Lamie and starting Joe McKee has long overstayed his welcome at the club. He is a cause of failure at the club. As is Rae. Both must go. It's not Sophie's Choice.

It's Sophie frustrating though.

Root and branch is the only solution - I agree - but as I correctly stated, there seem to be many simple souls who imagine that binning the bald one (with or without pokey hat) would make a significant difference at Crappy Low. Just more sticking plaster over a festering plook.

Root and branch is the only solution - I agree - but as I correctly stated, there seem to be many simple souls who imagine that binning the bald one (with or without pokey hat) would make a significant difference at Crappy Low. Just more sticking plaster over a festering plook.

In a strange way, binning Duffy would probably only prolong the Raes involvement. :huh:

Obviously the deep rooted problems caused by 13 years of mismanagement and gross incompetence in the boardroom aren't going to be solved by changing the manager. However, the removal of Duffy clearly can bring an immediate and significant improvement on the pitch, which is massive for the future of the club as failing to win promotion this season could easily be the difference between re-establishing ourselves as a second-tier club or following an Ayr United trajectory.

Having a manager who isn't entirely clueless and incompetent won't solve the multitude of long-term problems we face, but it's still massively important that we bin Duffy and get someone with a clue in charge. It's the only hope we have of winning promotion and being in a higher division will make dealing with all the problems caused in the boardroom easier.

Hopefully a resounding 4-0 home win, Duffy to be hounded throughout and after the match, and for the slaphead to finally get his jotters by 5:30 Saturday evening. Then we can move on to the Raes.

Shame game rating: a festive 8/10.

I'm not so optimistic. A small section of the support will hound, the team will fluke a 2-1 win. It'll be enough to appease the happy-clappers, who will throw about labels sch as 'boo boys' to anyone showing the least bit of objectivity.

Shame game rating: 3.5/10.

Will not be going after that monstrosity of a performance on Saturday, In fact I probably won't go to another away game until Duffy is gone. The football at the moment really is painfull to watch.

For the first time I hope we lose, losing to a team with 9 points after 17 matches who've also not won at home yet is surely a sackable offence?

Still think we'll get a result though.

2-0 Morton.

Despite how horrendous we are, I do always look forward to the festive period games and I'm sort of wanting to go to this.

Trying to get off work to have all dem bantz, but so far my quest has been unsuccessful.

A blessing in disguise. We're unlikely to win and we're one bad result away from the fans completely turning on Duffy and Rae. Lucky we're only travelling an hour up the road or it could've been a 10/10 shame game rating.

I think we'll win this one - although I share Ayrshireton's concern about Stirling breaking their duck at home. A win would give Duffy a bit of breathing space. A loss would confirm his position on a slippery slope (as would a draw) This next month will be pivotal - as Duffy's signings will determine whether the club is in recovery or in terminal decline under the current administration.

Archived