Daft Punts

welshbairn

Wasnt sure where else to put this so thisll have to do ps folk might see it as daft.

Tony Mowbary quoted on football league show saying he was looking to get back into management. 20/1 for the Brighton job could be worth a punt...

Wasnt sure where else to put this so thisll have to do ps folk might see it as daft.

Tony Mowbary quoted on football league show saying he was looking to get back into management. 20/1 for the Brighton job could be worth a punt...

Perfect place to put it. I think with Tony Pullis being sounded out it will be a straight forward appointment. Then again I am very rarely ever right!

The worst one I saw was when I worked at Corals part time, when I was training as an accountant as my main wage in those days was awful.

This guy came up and put 2 five pound singles to win on 2 horses, both were odds on. The problem was these horses were in the same race, which was a three horse race and he wanted to take the price. "I said to him are you sure?". To which he said quite rudely, "Yes I am f***ing sure". So I took it.

The stupid twat then came back to collect his winnings, which I can't remember the exact vale, but it basically went along the lines off, " I told you so, I have won £7, twat". He then walked out of the shop.

Edited by GalaKev

The worst one I saw was when I worked at Corals part time, when I was training as an accountant as my main wage in those days was awful.

This guy came up and put 2 five pound singles to win on 2 horses, both were odds on. The problem was these horses were in the same race, which was a three horse race and he wanted to take the price. "I said to him are you sure?". To which he said quite rudely, "Yes I am f***ing sure". So I took it.

The stupid twat then came back to collect his winnings, which I can't remember the exact vale, but it basically went along the lines off, " I told you so, I have won £7, twat". He then walked out of the shop.

#syntaxerror - does not compute!

Get the idea though - but, that is not possible (MR accountant!)

Aye but if he won £7 one was 2/5 so other couldnt be odds on.Only way possible would be 10/11 10/11 & prob 33/1

As I said I couldn't remember the values, but no matter which way it went he would have come out with less than he started.

But both horses were odd on. The other one was quite long odds.

• 3 months later...

I put a 10er on motherwell to finish 2nd last season with 2 games to go and got about 7 or 8/1, but we had to win both games to finish second. Putting on the double came in at about 12/1 so I put a 10er on that as well, but did myself out of about 50 quid by not thinking it through earlier.

Didn't really care, that was a fucking brilliant bet the way it came in.

• 1 month later...

Put some bets on the U17 internationals today, favouring the home teams. Turns out they're all playing in fucking Bulgaria. :angry:

P.S. Thought I'd won a treble when Spain went 1 nil up against England with minutes to go.Took the ref 5 minutes to disallow it. boo hoo.

Edited by welshbairn

• 3 weeks later...

Was in Ladbrokes a few years back and had won a few quid on roulette. Diddnt know the first thing about horses back then but thought I'd back one for a laugh. Opted for the one that had 'JC' next to it on the screen as my understanding of that at the time was that it was the tipsters, with initials JC, selection.

Being older and wiser now and knowing that JC does in fact indicate a change in jockey, you can imagine the scenes when it romped home at 28/1.

A daft punt indeed.