Morton v Dunfermline

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it'd be pretty funny, I'd much rather see an atmosphere in the shed.

There's no way they'll bring enough for us to replicate the scenes that we did against Dundee - #SCENES.

Assuming we were to gain promotion, away supports would increase if they were allowed to be in the shed. Its common knowledge that away supporters absolutely hate the main stand.

I'm not saying that we should be bending over backwards to suit away supports, but surely there's a way to accommodate them elsewhere at little more expense.

It would generate an atmosphere, almost entirely by the away fans - and even then we are talking about closing part of the home section for 20 bumpkins, for most weeks for the foreseeable future. Away fans being heard isn't conducive to better home results, which is why the top teams make sure that they're kept in their box.

The WDE successfully keeps the home fans where the home fans wish to stand, which is far apart from as many of the other home fans as possible, stops away fans crying about the main stand, and brings some much needed comedy value. The best rushes, like Dundee or Ayr the day we relegated them* were of course aimed at the WDE anyway.

* greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The night we were robbed against St.Johnstone

I couldn't even make that game but I remember my mate phoning me afterwards and telling me we'd been cheated out of it but I suspected he was just bitter that we had lost it so late on, watched the highlights a few days later and saw what actually happened, couldn't fucking believe it.

Archived