Brechin City vs The Pars

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure how you're meant to protect the pitch against a downpour of biblical proportions tbh.

On the other hand if Brechins covers can't get a game on at these (rather moderate) temperatures they may aswell bin them.

I don't think any covers are effective if there's a prolonged spell of frost. They'll usually be OK for an overnight frost as long as they're down early and the temperature doesnt go below about -3, but if its at or below freezing for a few days at a time, the ground will eventually freeze. Oh, and I don't think e have any pitch protection at all (that we would use) do we? As far as I'm aware we don't intend to use the heating due ot the cost of it, and I don't think we have any ground covers either.

Anyway, thanks to the folk at Brechin for getting the inspection arranged as soon as it was clear it was frozen - appreciated.

Prolonged frost with nothing getting higher than zero for several days. It is a riyal pain in the erse but will now just have to use my day pass at the local boozers instead.

Never mind covers - nae way of getting in touch with anybody at DAFC to give them a heads up. What kind of club does nae have a mobile contact? Oh dear you may as well chuck it if nobody can communicate with you. :blink:

That was an unforeseen downpour. However, frost in December? Who'd have seen that coming???

Not quite sure how you're meant to protect the pitch against a downpour of biblical proportions tbh.

On the other hand if Brechins covers can't get a game on at these (rather moderate) temperatures they may aswell bin them.

Adequate drainage. After all you are the 'big' club :rolleyes:

Prolonged frost with nothing getting higher than zero for several days. It is a riyal pain in the erse but will now just have to use my day pass at the local boozers instead.

Never mind covers - nae way of getting in touch with anybody at DAFC to give them a heads up. What kind of club does nae have a mobile contact? Oh dear you may as well chuck it if nobody can communicate with you. :blink:

I can only assume you're a simpleton.

If Brechin haven't got a contact number with Dunfermline that is as much of a fault of Brechins as it is Dunfermlines, alternatively you could always google a contact number and it comes up straight away.

Of course on the Dunfermline website it mentions on the first sentence "On Saturday morning Kenny Arnott received the call from Brechin"

​Can only assume you're talking nonsense.

Adequate drainage. After all you are the 'big' club :rolleyes:

The drainage is more than adequate, if you dump a large enough amount of water on the pitch in a short period of time it will give way though.

Funnily enough no one at the ground had any issues with the game being called of, the weather was that bad.

Remember being at Cowdenbeath that day.

They also had a downpour of biblical proportions as the thunderstorm passed right overhead. The game wasn't even held up due to their excellent drainage. .

Made you lot look like the didies.

Only saying:-)

Of course both grounds got exactly the same amount of water in the same period, that seems logical.

Fwiw outwith Peterhead every ground got there game on, would it be fair to say this reflects poorly on Brechin or3 should we take the difference in location into consideration?

Only saying :)

No matter how thick or how good the covers were, If they are so frozen that you can't get them off the pitch ( as ours were ) then you have no bloody hope of a game being on !!!!

Ironically Dave MacGregor from Forfar contacted our secretary on Saturday morning and said that had their game been at home it would have been off with the hard frost too. Pitch protection ? Where do you stop ?

The game was off . No big deal. Games have been postponed before !

Archived