The Great Big Morton Thread

Keep MacDonald and Caldwell fit and we'll probably win it. Even with no Tidser, Peaso's impact on the team will be league-winning. Great player.

I think we should as well, as long as Duffy sees sense and starts starting Pepper in the midfield. He was pivotal in the game on Saturday and probably won us the game.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Morton still looking at possible replacement grounds for Cappielow?

Now that the £75m development at the now cleared Greenock High School site is not going ahead as confirmed here could that site be a viable option if Morton were still looking at possible sites?

I measured the site at 240 m x 175 m (length / breadth) orientated on a North East to South West bearing.

This compares to Cappielow at 140m x 95 m.

f**k having to lease the ground from the Council. They run an absolute kangaroo court.

The Council don't own it anymore, the land was bought by the Scottish Prison Service, so it will either be a prison of some sort, or they'll sell it off to someone like Asda.

The Council don't own it anymore, the land was bought by the Scottish Prison Service, so it will either be a prison of some sort, or they'll sell it off to someone like Asda.

You're right. I read that the other day as well.

We don't have the money for it anyway and I'm not really sure it'd be a good move for Morton, not that it would/will ever happen.

Not that I think it would happen, but how much would Morton get for Cappielow and the car park?

And how much would cost to build a new stadium on the cleared Greenock High School site?. Certainly plenty of space there.

I think they'd struggle to sell it. The days of land being bought up by supermarkets are well and truly over.

IIRC, the skunks new ground cost around £6-8m. It's not even worth thinking about until the Raes are well and truly gone, which hopefully won't be too far away.

I think they'd struggle to sell it. The days of land being bought up by supermarkets are well and truly over.

IIRC, the skunks new ground cost around £6-8m. It's not even worth thinking about until the Raes are well and truly gone, which hopefully won't be too far away.

It would make a good bus depot. :shutup

Not that I think it would happen, but how much would Morton get for Cappielow and the car park?

And how much would cost to build a new stadium on the cleared Greenock High School site?. Certainly plenty of space there.

In an ideal world the sale of the car park would wipe the debt then we'd have enough cash from the sale of Cappielow left over to build a new stadium.

In an ideal world the sale of the car park would wipe the debt then we'd have enough cash from the sale of Cappielow left over to build a new stadium.

I'm sure I read something not that long ago, stating that the land at Cappielow was only valued at something like £1.7 million, which of course wouldn't even put a dent into the cost of a new stadium. No idea if that valuation is correct of course, just rings a bell.

I'm sure I read something not that long ago, stating that the land at Cappielow was only valued at something like £1.7 million, which of course wouldn't even put a dent into the cost of a new stadium. No idea if that valuation is correct of course, just rings a bell.

would it not depend on what it was going to be used for? A supermarket chain would pay far more than a property developer surely?

would it not depend on what it was going to be used for? A supermarket chain would pay far more than a property developer surely?

At a time when supermarkets are writing off hundreds of millions from their land banks and shelving new stores, I don't think that you have much hope in Greenock of getting a supermarket interested. If memory serves correctly, you already have a Morrisons and Tesco.

I'm sure the land would be worth much more if it was to be treated and in a better condition.

Morton had the chance to develop that land and make a really good income, but as usual blew it.

I'm sure the land would be worth much more if it was to be treated and in a better condition.

Morton had the chance to develop that land and make a really good income, but as usual blew it.

NOT ANOTHER D.D.F.R. BLOW JOB!

Just watching the goals from Saturday on the iPlayer there, and watched the half time interviews aswell. DDFR said that we chose the worst time to get relegated with the teams that are playing in the Championship this season, pity he couldn't see that at the time when he was cutting costs and getting rid of our best players. The guy really doesn't have a clue, does he?

Just watching the goals from Saturday on the iPlayer there, and watched the half time interviews aswell. DDFR said that we chose the worst time to get relegated with the teams that are playing in the Championship this season, pity he couldn't see that at the time when he was cutting costs and getting rid of our best players. The guy really doesn't have a clue, does he?

Maybe his brain's getting tired.

Archived