The Great Big Morton Thread

I'll eat a pair of my shoes if he does.

I'll eat a pair of my shoes if Tidser signs for Morton.

I'll eat everyone's shoes if he signs. It's not gonna happen though.

Should know the outcome by Thursday. That's all I'm aware of. I'm not overly confident of this going through though. Would consider eating a shoe.

What a signing he would be.

:huh:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but we're talking about Michael 'who the f**k is Iniesta' Tidser here. Provided Duffy doesn't play him at right wing-back or something, he is the kind of player who can single-handedly drag a team to a title.

:lol:

And just what the f**k has Tidser won, apart from seats on tenth rate English benches? :P

Seriously though... Peaso is be linked to St Mirren on loan.

Even if it were to happen, he hasn't, for a fact signed for anyone as of right this minute.

Morton have no chance of signing Tidser. We're apparently after him and he has a few other offers down South. Morton have managed one massive coup in MacDonald, Tidser is just a step too far I reckon.

This is delusion, if ever I seen it.

Michael Tidser would sign for St Mirren or Ross County over Morton, regardless of his previous stint at your club if offered a deal.

The only way Tidser would/will sign for you is if Auld Dougie whips open his chequebook and makes it rain for Tidser. Points B and C are just delusions.

No player that is of equal ability and age to Tidser would want to spent any amount of time in a league such as league one when a team two divisions above potentially wants him. Even if County or St Mirren are relegated and you lot are promoted, they'd still be on a much more sound footing and give him more exposure.

It'll come down to ambition and money, simple as that. The fact Peaso is at Morton might do a lot for the average Morton fan, but for a professional footballer that can easily play at a higher level and isn't near the end of his career, it matters very little.

:lol:

Heard Mark McLaughlin has been released by Dumbarton. If so I'd love to see him come back and any one of lamie or crighton go. I know he's getting on but his experience at the back is something we could be doing with. Doubt very much it would happen though.

No wonder Morton aren't viewed in the best light with a non entity like you portraying an idiocy that is either a complete embarrassment to your clubs sensible and decent supporters, or is regurgitated by your wee group of primary school fandans.

You can post your stupid pleasing gifs, tldr lie, or verge of whatever, i honestly don't care what you do or think. There's decent Morton supporters who i'd rather take notice of and their opinions on Morton, than an inconsequential little dog turd like yourself. So jog on.

And to the decent Morton supporters, this Thistle supporter, in this instance, genuinely wishes your club the best of luck gaining promotion this season. With Jim Duffy, I fear you will need it.

Hear Hear

Post of the Year

:thumsup2

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1421851914.990852.jpg

Anyone think this will work?

Might lack a bit of width but I think it could work. Russell has the legs to get up and down the park on the left. Kilday does too but it depends if he bothers his arse or not.

Lamie was alright at CB against Ayr and Stenny, would maybe replace him with Milojevic! And Miller (according to Dumbarton fans) should do better at CB.

O'Ware can do a decent job of protecting the defence allowing Tidser, Forbes and Pepper to push forward and support the front 2.

Might not work but I think it's the best way to get our better players all on the park at the same time.

I was thinking similar, was trying to find a way of leaving out McKee in a new formation: turns out I forgot that we signed Forbes as well. As long as you get the full-backs forward (which with Russell is a certainty) then width shouldn't pose many issues. We'd be utterly destroying teams in the middle of the park anyway.

If the full-backs are bombing forward a lot then O'Ware could drop back into the defence as a third centre-back as well. Like Bayern Munich's setup, only with much better players in Tidser and MacDonald.

The pressure obviously is now on Duffy to work out how to field all our best players at once, which therefore involves dropping McKee.

Where's the seethe you muppet?

Can't your prepubescent brain understand that some football supporters take an interest in what other teams are doing and faring, and it's not always in a piss take or envy manner?

As it stands, your club is getting heavier into debt and further away from a sustainable future with every failed gamble Dougie makes. I personally, would not like to see Morton be left after Dougie leaves Cappielow (in whatever form), as a rotting corpse of a club saddled with debts and consigned to scrapping to survive in the seaside or trapdoor leagues. I genuinely would like to see Raes latest throw-mortons-cash-they-don't-have-at-it risky gamble to succeed, and Morton to be in the Championship next season. If it doesn't happen though, and with Duffy tied to the club for two years (or the added cost of ditching and replacing him), then that debt mountain of problems will intensify. Sustainability. Remember how we all harped on and told the bigotted blue brigade that if they weren't careful, and pulled together, their club would die? They laughed, ignored us all, and their club died. I don't want to see Morton go that way. Sometimes they are great fun to laugh at yes. But at end of the day they are a decent wee club with a ground I have been to many times and while the DVT stand isn't ideal, it is an old school ground and it has character (all be it, diminishing).

For a third tier club, Morton have made some good signings for that level. A squad now justifiably capable of winning the league. Forbes, while good, is not Thistle level any more, he's first division mid table at best. Caldwell should do well at that lower level, McDonald should score goals for fun down there. Tidser, while a great first division player, didn't astound anyone when he played for Dingwall, so hardly established top league class. Pepper is rated, as are some others so there is a core of players who should skoosh the seaside league. But that's with Jim Duffy in charge. You've all witnessed his tactical genius. And the Sweetieking backing him to the hilt. If Morton fails to win the league, and not get up through the playoffs, that's one almighty and expensive beamer. To add to quite a long list of beamers, in the past decade or two. That's not a point scoring or laughing statement, it's just plain simple fact.

If you can't understand simple points like these, then you really are the idiot you come across as on here.

No wonder Morton aren't viewed in the best light with a non entity like you portraying an idiocy that is either a complete embarrassment to your clubs sensible and decent supporters, or is regurgitated by your wee group of primary school fandans.

You can post your stupid pleasing gifs, tldr lie, or verge of whatever, i honestly don't care what you do or think. There's decent Morton supporters who i'd rather take notice of and their opinions on Morton, than an inconsequential little dog turd like yourself. So jog on.

And to the decent Morton supporters, this Thistle supporter, in this instance, genuinely wishes your club the best of luck gaining promotion this season. With Jim Duffy, I fear you will need it.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

Still though, at least he didn't make himself look like a complete tool on more than one occasion :lol:

Are you talking about Jim Duffy? Seriously? Wow. He does that weekly for you.

Where's the seethe you muppet?

Can't your prepubescent brain understand that some football supporters take an interest in what other teams are doing and faring, and it's not always in a piss take or envy manner?

As it stands, your club is getting heavier into debt and further away from a sustainable future with every failed gamble Dougie makes. I personally, would not like to see Morton be left after Dougie leaves Cappielow (in whatever form), as a rotting corpse of a club saddled with debts and consigned to scrapping to survive in the seaside or trapdoor leagues. I genuinely would like to see Raes latest throw-mortons-cash-they-don't-have-at-it risky gamble to succeed, and Morton to be in the Championship next season. If it doesn't happen though, and with Duffy tied to the club for two years (or the added cost of ditching and replacing him), then that debt mountain of problems will intensify. Sustainability. Remember how we all harped on and told the bigotted blue brigade that if they weren't careful, and pulled together, their club would die? They laughed, ignored us all, and their club died. I don't want to see Morton go that way. Sometimes they are great fun to laugh at yes. But at end of the day they are a decent wee club with a ground I have been to many times and while the DVT stand isn't ideal, it is an old school ground and it has character (all be it, diminishing).

For a third tier club, Morton have made some good signings for that level. A squad now justifiably capable of winning the league. Forbes, while good, is not Thistle level any more, he's first division mid table at best. Caldwell should do well at that lower level, McDonald should score goals for fun down there. Tidser, while a great first division player, didn't astound anyone when he played for Dingwall, so hardly established top league class. Pepper is rated, as are some others so there is a core of players who should skoosh the seaside league. But that's with Jim Duffy in charge. You've all witnessed his tactical genius. And the Sweetieking backing him to the hilt. If Morton fails to win the league, and not get up through the playoffs, that's one almighty and expensive beamer. To add to quite a long list of beamers, in the past decade or two. That's not a point scoring or laughing statement, it's just plain simple fact.

If you can't understand simple points like these, then you really are the idiot you come across as on here.

Fair and honest post. Hope you're wrong about Duffy but doubt it.

On the Tele website, 2 and a half year deal.

That article doesn't say he has actually signed a contract though, says he has agreed terms and will sign tomorrow after training.

Only hope a club doesn't come in and offer him 2 grand a week tonight and feck up the deal.

That article doesn't say he has actually signed a contract though, says he has agreed terms and will sign tomorrow after training.

Only hope a club doesn't come in and offer him 2 grand a week tonight and feck up the deal.

2 grand ? You think Michael would take the wage drop :mellow:

Actually... I would like to see the deal made 'official'...it doesn't bear thinking about otherwise

Archived