North Korea behind Sony hack

FlyerTon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I heard about this on the news here, the more I thought, "Sony, if not behind this, have a least a finger in the pie somewhere making it more dramatic re a film that's been soundly panned and was due to be released soon". Convenient, huh?

AS usual the 'murican media are going crazy slagging off a foreign company while avoiding those domestic companies who are doing worse.

Sony's behaviour here is awful but they only cancelled things after all the big cinema chains had already done so.

There is no way NK has the expertise to do it. It was most likely done by a hacktivist group. Mainly because of Sony's aggressive copyright policies. The FBI are either idiots or have a political agenda. If it was NK, they would showcase the evidence and it would be as clear as day. From Sony's perspective it's far better to make people think it was a nation state that did it, because you know. How are you supposed to protect yourself against something with that much resources. Than to admit it was a bunch of keyboard warriors who have an axe to grind.

Aye it's not like they're rocket scientist or nuclear physicists.

The "internet security expert" on the BBC the other day dismissed the idea of NK being responsible , saying it was amateurish , for a State and most likely a radical group of hackers.

Noteworthy also he said that this film The Interview wasnt mention in their original message...ONLY after Sony mentioned it ,did they.

Sony have decided to go ahead and show it anyway.

Based on reports the film is terrible and was likely to bomb, Sony pulling the film will have made people who didn't have any desire to see it want to see it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Sony pulled it hoping the situation would generate some controversy and hype.

Archived