Racist Peterhead v The worst support to Grace Balmoor

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could genuinely sit here and write pages and pages on where things went so horribly wrong, but ill save you the reader. It's really this simple; Douglas Rae and Jim Duffy.

The latter of the two being responsible for the shite we're continuously subjected too.

I honestly wanted to scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon today it was that bad.

Things have in fact got that bad, that people don't even want to see us equalise. They'd rather the ref just put us out of our fucking misery.

Absolutely scunnered.

Seething, if you like.

I have no real inclination to go to games at the moment. The Spartans cup debacle was bad enough, but one point from the last three league games, two of them at home, indicates relegation form. Duffy's squad is appalling. why is he still in a job? Why did he get the job in the first place? We should be challenging for a top 4 position in the division above, not languishing in limbo looking like we will finish outside the play off places from the third tier. Rae's decision to cut the budget after we just missed promotion to the SPL has been disastrous for us.

My Morton highlight of 2014? There are none.

Oh dear.

First half was actually quite decent and played at a pretty fast pace. Not much in the way of chances, with us just shading those after Peterhead had started well.

Second half was dreadful. But unsporting of Peterhead to score before anyone was paying attention - maybe DDFR thinks it ended 0-0.

Ball given away endlessly, clearances seemed to fall to Peterhead players. We didn't look like scoring after the break.

And McManus given MotM for continuously giving away fouls whilst trying to turn players? I can only assume it was designed to make him want to stay, as Gaston did more than the rest of the team put together.

I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything Duffy does, but that starting line-up?! I couldn't believe that Pepper, Russell, and O'Ware were on the bench. Crawford would've been a better option as well. When we were playing better we had the energy of Crawford and Pepper in midfield, an outlet of Russell down the left, and O'Ware protecting the defence. Having at least most of those players on the pitch won Duffy manager of the month, can he not see what was working for us?

It seems like Duffy wants to build his team around Barrowman and McKee - neither should be anywhere near the starting line-up. At least he noticed that both were having disasters today but the changes were just strange as well. I think the entire team looked confused when O'Ware simply replaced McKee in midfield when we were chasing the game, as if they were like for like. Surely he should have stuck O'Ware up front? And why did he stick JMcCluskey out on the left again, where he never manages to do anything? I just don't understand why he does the things he does. I sometimes disagreed with Moore's line-ups, but I could usually at least undertsand why he was doing it. I simply don't have a clue what Duffy is trying to do.

Crighton was awful at the goal, couldn't have been more than 15 seconds into the second half and he couldn't deal with a simple long ball. He's a League 2 player at best, and he's in good company in the current Morton team.

We actually headhunted Duffy and gave him a 2 year deal. Whatever Duffy does himself, he'll struggle to match that act of idiocy.

Today I saw just why Peterhead fans haven't thought much of Mark Millar. He's not an attacking player as Jim McInally so obviously wants him to be.

I'd take him at Morton in an instant. Which would also free up O'Ware to take carthorse Crighton's place at the back. A striker that's not Andy Barrowman would be nice too. That's the absolute minimum required.

Archived