Ayr/Dunfermline/Morton

The above teams think that league 1 should have been the three teams competing for playoff positions, thats not going to happen not just because of the managers they have been hounding all season, all of these three have been in the game for a long time ,sure their input plays a part but there is 11 pro footballers on the park who all know the game, main reason is that there is a lot of good players and teams in this league not Diddys. Who just might to drop a bit as the season wears on due to lack of pool depth. But at the moment you three will just have to realise that the other teams in our league will match you both in fitness and guile, your three manager were aware of this,but fans would not accept this......players fault 90% always.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above teams think that league 1 should have been the three teams competing for playoff positions, thats not going to happen not just because of the managers they have been hounding all season, all of these three have been in the game for a long time ,sure their input plays a part but there is 11 pro footballers on the park who all know the game, main reason is that there is a lot of good players and teams in this league not Diddys. Who just might to drop a bit as the season wears on due to lack of pool depth. But at the moment you three will just have to realise that the other teams in our league will match you both in fitness and guile, your three manager were aware of this,but fans would not accept this......players fault 90% always.

Before the start of the season I predicted Stranraer to finish second and Forfar to finish third. Like most I expected Dunfermline to win the league, and still strongly suspect they will.

I don't think Ayr fans expected too much this season, but were probably fooled a bit by their start to the season (largely helped by Morton). I predicted that they would finished 9th, just below Morton.

Duffy made 13 new signings in the summer and signed 4 others to new contracts. That leaves only 3 players in the squad that he wasn't repsonsible for signing. He is responsible for the players being at the club, he is responsible for overseeing their training, he is repsonsible for picking the team, drilling them for games and setting their structures and tactics. If you really think the manager doesn't make a big difference then why don't you send Aitken up the road and we'll send Duffy in return.

And for the record, I think the standard of play in this league has been awful so far and that's why we're doing better than I expected. This current Morton team is probably even worse than the one we endured last season, and that's really saying something. There have been times this season that any sort of decent team would have annihilated us, even Airdrie should have put 5 past us in the Scottish Cup tie, we're lucky the standard is so poor (especially in forward areas).

Stranraer and Forfar are complete diddys.
90% your players are not good enough ,should not have to be told every time they go on to a park how to pick men up, how to keep their shape, how to pass the ball to one of their own team, how to shoot ,and also to have the will not to get beat. Recent games show this Morton far better team than the pars at the moment.

Before the start of the season I predicted Stranraer to finish second and Forfar to finish third. Like most I expected Dunfermline to win the league, and still strongly suspect they will.

I don't think Ayr fans expected too much this season, but were probably fooled a bit by their start to the season (largely helped by Morton). I predicted that they would finished 9th, just below Morton. Accept some of what you say but still think Morton will finish in the playoffs you do have some good players. But in my opinion I have saw a lot of good players and teams visit Stair park and think the standard is better than other seasons.so you should not say state a bad league to make it sound that things are bad for your team.

Duffy made 13 new signings in the summer and signed 4 others to new contracts. That leaves only 3 players in the squad that he wasn't repsonsible for signing. He is responsible for the players being at the club, he is responsible for overseeing their training, he is repsonsible for picking the team, drilling them for games and setting their structures and tactics. If you really think the manager doesn't make a big difference then why don't you send Aitken up the road and we'll send Duffy in return.

And for the record, I think the standard of play in this league has been awful so far and that's why we're doing better than I expected. This current Morton team is probably even worse than the one we endured last season, and that's really saying something. There have been times this season that any sort of decent team would have annihilated us, even Airdrie should have put 5 past us in the Scottish Cup tie, we're lucky the standard is so poor (especially in forward areas).

No one thinks their team has a divine right to win the league or even to challenge for it. What Dunfermline and Morton fans do think is that it's perfectly reasonable to expect a challenge. While there's no divine right to challenge, it's still an entirely realistic expectation: two full-time teams with the two largest budgets in the league could easily be the pacesetters if managed competently. That's not to say that Forfar and Stranraer don't deserve credit for their seasons so far, but that doesn't mean Dunfermline and Morton fans aren't justified in being unhappy.

For what it's worth I expected us to be fighting to qualify for the playoffs rather than challenge for the title at the start of the season, but if we had a competent manager there'd be no reason we couldn't make a credible challenge, which, with six defeats in sixteen games, Duffy is utterly failing to do. Both Jefferies and Duffy have done diabolical jobs and the criticism they've had is merited.

As for Ayr, they're ninth and have lost eight of their last nine league games. It's impossible to make an argument in defence of Roberts.

I don't think it's wrong for fans of those 3 to expect to be battling each other at the top end of the table. Logically, teams with 1000+ crowds and full-time players should be doing just that. This isn't arrogance, it's just a fact.

I don't think it's wrong for fans of those 3 to expect to be battling each other at the top end of the table. Logically, teams with 1000+ crowds and full-time players should be doing just that. This isn't arrogance, it's just a fact.

What if the full time are players are simply bad players?

Queen of the South showed the way when they were relegated into this league. They had the right blend of youth and experience in both their management team and playing squads. When I look at Morton. Dunfermline and Ayr's squads they just look plain ordinary. You could argue that the full time fitness and preparation should see them through and it may well do come May.

What if the full time are players are simply bad players?

Queen of the South showed the way when they were relegated into this league. They had the right blend of youth and experience in both their management team and playing squads. When I look at Morton. Dunfermline and Ayr's squads they just look plain ordinary. You could argue that the full time fitness and preparation should see them through and it may well do come May.

Well that may well be the case. Our expectations are set higher for the reasons I said, but as we can all see...we're shite anyway.

No one thinks their team has a divine right to win the league or even to challenge for it. What Dunfermline and Morton fans do think is that it's perfectly reasonable to expect a challenge. While there's no divine right to challenge, it's still an entirely realistic expectation: two full-time teams with the two largest budgets in the league could easily be the pacesetters if managed competently. That's not to say that Forfar and Stranraer don't deserve credit for their seasons so far, but that doesn't mean Dunfermline and Morton fans aren't justified in being unhappy.

For what it's worth I expected us to be fighting to qualify for the playoffs rather than challenge for the title at the start of the season, but if we had a competent manager there'd be no reason we couldn't make a credible challenge, which, with six defeats in sixteen games, Duffy is utterly failing to do. Both Jefferies and Duffy have done diabolical jobs and the criticism they've had is merited.

As for Ayr, they're ninth and have lost eight of their last nine league games. It's impossible to make an argument in defence of Roberts.

I am 100% certain that Morton will be tree abouts at the end of the season.

I would be astonished if both Morton & Dunfermline didn't finish in the top 4 with Dunfermline probably winning it. As for Ayr we should be fighting out the title with the other 2 but realistically I think regardless of which new manager we get 6th place is about the best we can expect.

Any team in no matter what league that has the same current form as us should be looking at their manager's position.

Stranraer and Forfar are complete diddys.

We will wait and see, but at the moment I would just have a look at the league table. Be brave. Once the weather kicks in, Forfar will be playing their home games on their excellent surface on Saturdays, whilst other teams who are behind in investment, will be dropping games to Tuesdays. We know well from previous experience on that old type of surface that this leads to injuries, tiredness and dropping points. This is the YEAR of the DIDDYS and happy with it.

We will wait and see, but at the moment I would just have a look at the league table. Be brave. Once the weather kicks in, Forfar will be playing their home games on their excellent surface on Saturdays, whilst other teams who are behind in investment, will be dropping games to Tuesdays. We know well from previous experience on that old type of surface that this leads to injuries, tiredness and dropping points. This is the YEAR of the DIDDYS and happy with it.

Forfar have been impressive so far and I can't quite understand what it is that Messrs. Wm. Hill seem to know about Dunfermline and Morton that nobody else appears to.

Archived