Who are the Junior managers "in frame" for Ayr Utd job?

cartwright

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that you have had many run ins with various posters on here to the extent you have to leave the forum for a while before coming back to piss everybody off all over again.

Did you not even piss off your own club FFS.

Now your just clutching at straws. Never been barred or had run with anyone at my club at games. Had conversations with people yes but all very civil though doubt you know what that word means.

Why back under a new name? Why not your old one?

Have your own team not recently signed a player on loan from ayr who couldn't get a game with them? Has pope not returned to Talbot because he was finding it to demanding?

Bit of realism here. Talbot are a great non league team, as are linlithgow, meadow and a few others, they play to a high quality standard for non league but don't make a fool of yourself constantly having a go at a bigger club who have a decent history in the senior game.

How much extra a commitment would managing a senior side such as Ayr be compared to a Premier Junior side?

I'm only guessing but I reckon lots more due to far away travels and midweek games.

Maybe a small example is that I've worked beside lots of junior players and a current junior assistant manager, seldom have they asked away early from work to attend junior games even midweek ones.

In contrast a young guy worked alongside me who played with Stirling Albion and he had to get away from work early lots of times to play away to Peterhead , Ross county , Inverness etc if playing against them in a midweek fixture.

If your comparing junior managers to senior managers then i would imagine it would be even bigger commitment wise than just playing .

How much extra a commitment would managing a senior side such as Ayr be compared to a Premier Junior side?

Ayr Utd manager is apparently a full time job. I have no idea what the wage is but as Ayr are a 3rd tier side its not going to be earth shattering.

Tucker has a stable, safe job away from football, would he give that up for the unpredictable world of senior football management.

This is the reason its the same old faces in the frame for each vacancy that comes up, they are unable or unwilling to get a job outside of football.

Have your own team not recently signed a player on loan from ayr who couldn't get a game with them? Has pope not returned to Talbot because he was finding it to demanding?

Yes and he wasn't getting a game for Talbot either until White's injury. What does that prove ?.

Pope played almost every game for Ayr, he is a postman and works on a Saturday morning and was finding it difficult to get to away games, it was nothing to do with ability

Yes and he wasn't getting a game for Talbot either until White's injury. What does that prove ?.

Pope played almost every game for Ayr, he is a postman and works on a Saturday morning and was finding it difficult to get to away games, it was nothing to do with ability

Pope was definately to do with ability , guy was completely lost at our level.

Ayr Utd manager is apparently a full time job. I have no idea what the wage is but as Ayr are a 3rd tier side its not going to be earth shattering.

Tucker has a stable, safe job away from football, would he give that up for the unpredictable world of senior football management.

This is the reason its the same old faces in the frame for each vacancy that comes up, they are unable or unwilling to get a job outside of football.

That was going to be my next question - is it full time and who would be willing to give their job up to give it a try.

Management is clearly Sloan's thing though - doing well at a club like Ayr could lead to better things. Look at Paul Hartley as an example. Sloan won't be at Talbot forever and any other junior management position would be a step down.

I don't know the guy though. What do you think the future holds for him?

Now your just clutching at straws. Never been barred or had run with anyone at my club at games. Had conversations with people yes but all very civil though doubt you know what that word means.

Why back under a new name? Why not your old one?

Bit of realism here. Talbot are a great non league team, as are linlithgow, meadow and a few others, they play to a high quality standard for non league but don't make a fool of yourself constantly having a go at a bigger club who have a decent history in the senior game.

RRG is this you just opening your gub and letting your belly rumble, if you dont ken facts dont spout pish.

RRG is this you just opening your gub and letting your belly rumble, if you dont ken facts dont spout pish.

I asked a question regarding Pope. It comes across as if he found it to demanding and headed back to Talbot.

On the Talbot striker shankland on loan from Ayr Utd , it's obvious he has been struggling to get a game for ayr and to get some game time he dropped down a level to get games and goals.

The point in all this is your fellow Talbot fan and i am sure you will agree absolute moron in ramit seems to think that certain senior teams are beneath his beloved Talbot, he is deluded.

I asked a question regarding Pope. It comes across as if he found it to demanding and headed back to Talbot.

On the Talbot striker shankland on loan from Ayr Utd , it's obvious he has been struggling to get a game for ayr and to get some game time he dropped down a level to get games and goals.

The point in all this is your fellow Talbot fan and i am sure you will agree absolute moron in ramit seems to think that certain senior teams are beneath his beloved Talbot, he is deluded.

Again you are wrong. McCracken is the player on loan from Ayr. Shankland has left Ayr and is a signed Talbot player but he hasn't started a competitive game

A hope sloan does get the Ayr job to shut you talbot muppets up! Who the f**k do you think you are? Get a grip of yourselves. I would love to see what the lot of you would do when the winning stopped, Would you support your club when lugar pump them 5-0? Ayr united are a bigger club than the talbot and its a step up. Cut ur pish and get real!!!!

Archived