Jefferies Gone

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick question what are the thoughts of the Pars fans on Jeffries leaving,I kinda liked his attitude and the way he set his teams out to play football

Being a Lino licker it's the kinda manager I would like at the Rovers because with Murrays record in the last year and a hal he's the type of guy that could do a job for us. It's a brave decision by the DAFC BOD which could back-fire but I'm on the outside looking in.

Just a quick question what are the thoughts of the Pars fans on Jeffries leaving,I kinda liked his attitude and the way he set his teams out to play football

Being a Lino licker it's the kinda manager I would like at the Rovers because with Murrays record in the last year and a hal he's the type of guy that could do a job for us. It's a brave decision by the DAFC BOD which could back-fire but I'm on the outside looking in.

You wouldn't want him. He's past it. Doesn't know how to play football in the modern age, no ideas or imagination, just basically your average dinosaur manager.

Take it you've not read ANY of the threads regarding him leaving then!

No just the last couple of comments

You wouldn't want him. He's past it. Doesn't know how to play football in the modern age, no ideas or imagination, just basically your average dinosaur manager.

I don't know about that DAFC anyone's better than that clown Murray, I was really impressed early on in the season when you pumped us at East end but then I'm not watching the Pars every week

was rarely at training.

Not true. Potter and McCann were handed responsibility for the sessions but JJ was there as well more often than not. I also don't subscribe to theory that he 'lost the dressing room' either - performances were poor and confidence was low but I don't think that the players weren't playing for him.

FWIW, I'm disappointed it's come to this but happy that he's going before the possibility of things getting much worse, fans turning on the guy further and the board faced with the predicament of whether to sack him. There's no doubt we haven't been playing well enough this season - results and our league position tell you that. Time will tell how Potts and Neil McCann do (both have my 100% support) but there's no doubt that Jefferies played a huge role in the club's survival off the park.

He was a tremendous figureheard during the administration period and kept playing side under some semblance of control while Pars United were trying to rescue the club. He could easily have walked but he stayed, was at the forefront of campaigns to raise money and, ultimately, I think was the reason why we were able to keep hold of people like Falkingham and Geggan.

I can absolutely see the reasoning for the announcement to go now, because we can't afford too many more slip-ups or to fall further behind Forfar / Stranraer. For all his faults - and we've all debated team selections and tactics during the season - he's added a good quality of player to the squad but sadly for whatever reason it just hasn't happened this season.

He goes with my very best wishes and I think his legacy will be kind to him with his work in helping our club survive off the field. But it's time now for everyone to rally around JP and NM - and the players - starting on Saturday.

Not true. Potter and McCann were handed responsibility for the sessions but JJ was there as well more often than not. I also don't subscribe to theory that he 'lost the dressing room' either - performances were poor and confidence was low but I don't think that the players weren't playing for him.

FWIW, I'm disappointed it's come to this but happy that he's going before the possibility of things getting much worse, fans turning on the guy further and the board faced with the predicament of whether to sack him. There's no doubt we haven't been playing well enough this season - results and our league position tell you that. Time will tell how Potts and Neil McCann do (both have my 100% support) but there's no doubt that Jefferies played a huge role in the club's survival off the park.

He was a tremendous figureheard during the administration period and kept playing side under some semblance of control while Pars United were trying to rescue the club. He could easily have walked but he stayed, was at the forefront of campaigns to raise money and, ultimately, I think was the reason why we were able to keep hold of people like Falkingham and Geggan.

I can absolutely see the reasoning for the announcement to go now, because we can't afford too many more slip-ups or to fall further behind Forfar / Stranraer. For all his faults - and we've all debated team selections and tactics during the season - he's added a good quality of player to the squad but sadly for whatever reason it just hasn't happened this season.

He goes with my very best wishes and I think his legacy will be kind to him with his work in helping our club survive off the field. But it's time now for everyone to rally around JP and NM - and the players - starting on Saturday.

Great post.

He's gone, but you still cant beat the mighty Stranraer. Next week its an apprehensive trip to the Hedge while Stranraer will be giving Stenhousmanuir a doing.

Look on the bright side - we'll be joining you in the seaside league next season for the Big Fife Derby :P

Folk on .net and Facebook are still seriously suggesting that fans on a website hounded out JJ and that this was a big mistake.

Potter is one game into his postion. We were massively unfortunate. We played better than we have all season. Puddle drinkers.

Archived