John Potter's Pars vs Stranraer

DAFC

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what I meant your goal was not by any outfield play..big 50 yard punt fc up by keeper think you are just splitting hairs still 5-3

It ain't splitting hairs, fluke and only scored through opponents mistake are completely different things.

By the way our keeper best in our league by a mile

Obvious troll is obvious.

By the way I don'the mean any of this ..Just banter but keep it going

Its been obvious over the past week or so that you Stranraer fans have got a wee bit excited, i haven't been taking you seriously(not that i take p&b seriously in the first place). Come up with some more bait and i might humour you.

I agree that Stranraer have one or two excellent players I think you're getting carried away. Our team isn't playing to half of our potential atm.

For pure squad depth and strength, I think Forfar top that with us second. There is no confidence in our team. You see it week in week out. Basic errors that are second nature to deal with when you are focused are all too common. Playing with the correct tactics and formations is practical when it suits the squad, not the individual. We have arguably the best keeper and defenders in Buchanan and Williamson in this league with a good depth in midfield and attack that is strong enough to be making a serious challenge for top spot. Moffat hasn't been what everyone expected. JJ refuses to believe his dinosaur tactics don't work. You mix it all together and it's no surprise to find us where we are. It's almost getting to the point of no return. If we don't turn our season around on Saturday by thumping Stranraer, I doubt we'll ever gain the confidence to make a serious title bid. We'd also be way behind 2 teams, not just the 1, in the event of a Stranraer victory.

It's easy to think folk that want Jefferies sacked don't get behind the team. I certainly do, but someone needs to take control to show them how to play properly with confidence that some of the part-timers seem to have in abundance. I think we're lacking a bit of character/grit that the other teams seem to possess as well. It is there in this team, someone needs to get it to show from the players because they seem to be totally deflated every time they go on the park. I seen glimpses of it against Stirling. Fair enough, they are the poorest team in this division, but we shouldn't be playing with fear against anyone in this league. The players played with no fear against them and looked so confident like they did at the start of last season. Can JJ get that to show against Stranraer and keep it up? Probably not and I am dreading another pumping.

Moffat hasn't been what everyone expected.

I blame Jefferies for that, he looked a class act in the opening few games however his confidence has slowly ebbed away and he is now a shell of the player he once was. It's telling that no player has celebrated with Jefferies when the team has scored a goal, it's usually with the other coaching staff they celebrate with - the players fear him rather than respect him.

I blame Jefferies for that, he looked a class act in the opening few games however his confidence has slowly ebbed away and he is now a shell of the player he once was. It's telling that no player has celebrated with Jefferies when the team has scored a goal, it's usually with the other coaching staff they celebrate with - the players fear him rather than respect him.

Yes, you could argue his tactics is not suited to his style. Telling him to stay up the fucking park, rarely dropping back, with someone sitting off him, getting him to shift around across the length of the pitch up front to cause space and surely he'd get more opporunities to score. No wide men ain't helping either but he can be his own worst enemy by dropping back far too often because someone else isn't doing their job in the middle.

Time for a quick edit of the thread title DAFC. Suddenly your 3-0 home win prediction doesn't seem as mad as it did!

I have these wee feelings about football sometimes. Dunno why just thought we would win.

Edited title for Potts.

Archived