John Potter's Pars vs Stranraer

DAFC

Incidentally, I would agree that Moffat is far from shite, at least from the games I've seen him in. He's looked a good player but who does far too much when he should be concentrating more on being available for chances.

We've had plenty of players in the past who have had poor first seasons but have then gone on to be brilliant for the club. Instead of talking of punting him and calling him shite, maybe we should give him a chance?

Revolutionary stuff. Wonder if it'll catch on?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As our fans are total chumps, I'm going to guess no.

Sadly, you're guess is probably a good one. I mean we know we are an utter shambles, a disaster, our coaching & tactics are still poor even though we've changed manager a week ago, we give goals away from set pieces by the bucketload, we've signed players who've turned from good to shite overnight & even though we got rid of the manager we said was to blame it turns out that one change hasn't resulted in instant success.

But hey, we can still come on here & pretend we knew that was going to happen & that its now all Potter & McCanns' fault.......

Absolutely.

I genuinely wonder how some of our fans can say Moffat played well yesterday. The guy has no pace and for someone seemingly with a good first touch, he was in with a great chance of scoring in the second half but had a horrendous first touch and screwed up yet another opportunity.

:lol:

Moff is actually quite quick but his first touch is one of the weakest parts of his game (alongside heading the ball)!

Christ, the way you're all talking about his miss is as if he blootered the ball over the bar from an inch out. I watched it there and its just one of those things, stretching for the ball at the last second and directing it towards goal. He's unlucky, if he'd scuffed it then it might actually have gone in at the near post.

Sadly, you're guess is probably a good one. I mean we know we are an utter shambles, a disaster, our coaching & tactics are still poor even though we've changed manager a week ago, we give goals away from set pieces by the bucketload, we've signed players who've turned from good to shite overnight & even though we got rid of the manager we said was to blame it turns out that one change hasn't resulted in instant success.

But hey, we can still come on here & pretend we knew that was going to happen & that its now all Potter & McCanns' fault.......

^^^^verge of tears

^^^^verge of tears

Not at all. I thought we played ok on Saturday, definitely worthy of a point. I could see definite changes in formation, tactics & with a bit of luck & if we'd taken any of the chances we created we could've got at least a draw. I am quietly confident JP can a bit more out of this squad than JJ would have if he remained in charge.

Happy to help.

Incidentally, I would agree that Moffat is far from shite, at least from the games I've seen him in. He's looked a good player but who does far too much when he should be concentrating more on being available for chances.

We've had plenty of players in the past who have had poor first seasons but have then gone on to be brilliant for the club. Instead of talking of punting him and calling him shite, maybe we should give him a chance?

If he's far from shite, will someone explain how his only goal in his last fifteen appearances has been a penalty? Why have our other strikers got better goals to games ratio than him?

In regards to the second part, sorry i am not buying that. Firstly because the only recent example that i can of think is Steven Bell, albeit his first year was ruined by not being able to train during pre-season. Can you provide examples of a 30 year old who had a shite season that went on to do well for us? Its similar to the bullshit people are spewing about how if Moffat gets one goal, he'll suddenly take the league by storm.

Not at all. I thought we played ok on Saturday, definitely worthy of a point. I could see definite changes in formation, tactics & with a bit of luck & if we'd taken any of the chances we created we could've got at least a draw. I am quietly confident JP can a bit more out of this squad than JJ would have if he remained in charge.

Happy to help.

See, you can post insightful posts without resorting to insults or past grievances. I agree with what you are saying I am confident too but you have to say that with Potter and McCann part of the previous regime there has to be a small doubt.

We are stuck with this situation now and I also think we can turn it around. I thought we would win on sat though so who knows....

If he's far from shite, will someone explain how his only goal in his last fifteen appearances has been a penalty? Why have our other strikers got better goals to games ratio than him?

In regards to the second part, sorry i am not buying that. Firstly because the only recent example that i can of think is Steven Bell, albeit his first year was ruined by not being able to train during pre-season. Can you provide examples of a 30 year old who had a shite season that went on to do well for us? Its similar to the bullshit people are spewing about how if Moffat gets one goal, he'll suddenly take the league by storm.

Many forget that Ross Jack was utter garbage in his first season at East End. He was 28 when he arrived. Slight difference in age I'll grant you.

Archived