Troon FC v Auchinleck Talbot

Troon Fc

Talbot took their chances and went up 2 0 after 25 mins.butch 2.

troon drew 1 back from a set piece.defender headed the ball part head part shoulder and it lobbed the man on the far post.2 1 ht.

troon came out to have a go and were playing well but were reduced to long range efforts.

Talbot took their 3rd on the break with 5 mins to go,mulky.

dour game with very little chances on a winters day.

p.s.wullie needs to keep quiet.the ref was a baw hair away from sending him off after 10 mins for what he called him.if any player said that to me they would have been off.

Fair report on the game. Troon started well from the traps but were hit by two quick goals. Troon pulled one back and from there the first half ran its course with Troon pressing but Talbot looking the more dangerous. Second half all credit to Troon they hit us with everything but the kitchen sink, but apart from a few shots into big Andy's midriff our defence looked comfortable wuth the wind causing more trouble. Sucker punch near the end by Milky to make it 3-1. Troon look a good outfit but yesterday were lacking penetration in the final third. We looked as if we wanted to stroll the ball into the net when we had a few good oppertunities to put the laces through the ball on the second half. Agree with you about Willie Lyle I don't understand players complaining when you know the referee is not going to change his mind. Great set up at Troon and a decent crowd yesterday. An entertaining game.

I thought Talbot deserved to be in front at the end of the first half as they where the better team, second half Troon played well without being a major threat. If Troon play like they did yesterday regularly they will be ok in the top division. They main thing for Talbot yesterday with the Meadow not playing was the three points which they got the game in a couple of weeks time between Talbot and the Meadow looks like being a real tasty encounter it could go a long way in deciding who will win this seasons title.

Was impressed with how solid, fit and well organised Talbot are. Not the greatest game ever but I'm pleased again with how well our lads played second half, giving it a real go and showing some belief. Decent crowd as well, on a horrible day.

Pretty confident for Cumnock next week, hope the game will go ahead.

By far the coldest day of the season which produced a very competitive but dour encounter. Not vintage Talbot but did enough to deserve the points. Troon will take points off others and are not a bad side. Agree with other comments about Troon's set up, one of the tidiest grounds in the Juniors, they obviously have a very good committee, good luck to them.

Yes it was a wee bit dour on a very cold and blustery day. I was pleased the way we went at Talbot in the second half and showed our belief. A good turnout from the Talbot fans and I really enjoyed the banter. A great support and looking forward to going to Beecheood. And oh yes, they did just warrant the win.

Two or three complimentary comments about Portland Park and a few of the Troon players on the Talbot forum,most of which I agree with, the staff in the social club,and the kitchen were first class too. I look forward to my next visit there.

Archived