Sign in to follow this  
Elixir

Question Time

Audience member giving the red hand whilst asking his question. STAUNCH RATING: 10/10. 

Hamilton is, according to Google, a "prominent Orange Order member", so I was hoping for a bit more entertainment. 

DUP guy is a disappointment. Too eloquent and straightforward for my liking.

Dangerously well trained.
Well, this is the problem, this is how bad it is, this is how sad it is, for these people, which I recognise and have a connection to, these are the things we could do, and these are absolutely the things that should be done.

One to watch.

Haven't watched for a while but that was remarkably sane. Dimbleby should have pressed more on how the NI MLA's have the cheek to collect their wages.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't watched for a while but that was remarkably sane. Dimbleby should have pressed more on how the NI MLA's have the cheek to collect they're wages.

I actually thought it was nearer to what QT used to be like, it's amazing how balance can be found on the beeb when it suit them.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I actually thought it was nearer to what QT used to be like, it's amazing how balance can be found on the beeb when it suit them.

They probably imposed a "no nutters" embargo especially for the occasion.

RedRob looks a bit younger than I'd imagined. 

Ha ha, cheap shot!

Very encouraging performance from Simon Hamilton on Thursday, a closet remainer?
Recall he wouldn't divulge how he voted in the Ref, resident Norn Iron P&B ers may be able to confirm?
Big Arlene ought to wheel him out more often!

Better show than usual.

Missing the angry pointy-finger Brexiteers in the audience that are angry about everything.  I guess that is why it was better.

So anyhoo, Rees-Mogg & Alex Salmond tonight ... might be worth a wee gander.

Last couple of weeks have been almost watchable, back to a line up of the usual caricatures tonight then!

I thought that was a decent QT. Audience had its standard smattering of thick, simplistic arseholes but the panel seemed to respect others right to be heard and it makes a difference to the quality of the programme. 

I despise Greer and Mogg but they can be funny on occasion. It's a much better show when you have the likes of Salmond and Chakrabarti who are unafraid to essentially call out an audience member's pish as well.

Again a reasonable watch, thought Big Alex put in a decent shift and stayed away from his usual trolling. Perhaps his short stint on the Fringe has taught him that it doesn't always pay to be the rogue comedian. Decent contributions from the rest of the panel too, not the usual uncontrollable shouting match. Surprised the Catalan question wasn't presented?

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Again a reasonable watch, thought Big Alex put in a decent shift and stayed away from his usual trolling. Perhaps his short stint on the Fringe has taught him that it doesn't always pay to be the rogue comedian. Decent contributions from the rest of the panel too, not the usual uncontrollable shouting match. Surprised the Catalan question wasn't presented?

That will be next week when they try and link it to Scottish independence / indyref2 

Daniel Hannan and Owen Jones on in Killie next week, so I hope the condescending pair are given a really hard time. It'll be nice to see Merryn again too, as no doubt she'll be on.