Question Time

Elixir

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

It would be amusing if the Tories got obliterated at the next election and as a result Question Time had a new quota of only four Tories in the audience.

I expect their audience make up rules would be redrafted in that case.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Well you certainly won’t be watching QT tonight, even if you wanted to.

Good shout. Although I’m sure there’s some old ones on the iPlayer to get my SNPBad fix.

This is terrible. Nice to see the vast majority of the audience on the side of a ceasefire and a two state solution. Not that Israel cares and the UK gov will continue selling them weapons and doing whatever the good old US of A says.

On 27/01/2024 at 11:54, Suspect Device said:

Every single Tory in Glasgow will be in the audience.

Unless Rangers are playing that night.

Noticed the Abolish Holyrood Loyal made it a night out from the ludge 😆

Youtube and Twitch streamer who I listen to sometimes. She and a friend are responding here to the specific debate over means testing last night and I thought their arguments were good. Forgive the clickbait title and thumbnail, that's mandatory for Youtube.

Edited by Freedom Farter

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Maybe it is because I usually watch it when it is in Scotland, but it does seem like this "Lord Offord" character has a season ticket for Question Time now. 

I haven't watched QT for years, but that particular Lord is a bloke in whom his own party had relatively little faith and who failed to be elected when put before the voters. In the finest traditions of the UK system of government, having failed in the democratic process, he is put into the House of Lords and ends up in the Government of Scotland.

It still astounds me that folk put up with that nonsense.

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

On 02/02/2024 at 08:55, Salt n Vinegar said:

I haven't watched QT for years, but that particular Lord is a bloke in whom his own party had relatively little faith and who failed to be elected when put before the voters. In the finest traditions of the UK system of government, having failed in the democratic process, he is put into the House of Lords and ends up in the Government of Scotland.

It still astounds me that folk put up with that nonsense.

As well as the above mentioned,  a 'journalist' from the below publication was invited on the programme 

image.png.dd33659a33527a24dd0223d7457a9488.png

16 hours ago, ChilliTomatoSoup said:

Aren't the Tories already obliterated in Scotland?

I'm all for proportional representation but if Scotland ran first past the post elections there would be no tories as MSP's and just a handful of Labour in Holyrood.

• 2 weeks later...