Question Time

Elixir

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He's absolutely a real person, and shows that you can keep your principles and beliefs no matter how far removed you are from the pit where you used to work. No matter how far he has risen in the movement, he can still, like many in the party leadership, cut through the bullshit and speak plainly.
Politics really isn't difficult, and people like Ian are opening the doors for people who thought they weren't equipped to make a difference. He'll never mistake mushy peas for guacamole, that's for damn sure.

If by plainly you mean in an aggressive and condescending manner then I agree.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

He's absolutely a real person, and shows that you can keep your principles and beliefs no matter how far removed you are from the pit where you used to work. No matter how far he has risen in the movement, he can still, like many in the party leadership, cut through the bullshit and speak plainly.
Politics really isn't difficult, and people like Ian are opening the doors for people who thought they weren't equipped to make a difference. He'll never mistake mushy peas for guacamole, that's for damn sure.

Plainly? I came away none the wiser about his party's position. He seemed absolutely lost, constantly looking down at his notes and trailing off when he didn't have an appropriate soundbite to rely on. 

17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tempted to watch if Hitchens was on. Did he get into an argument with anyone over anything mental?

You'd need to watch it but he was quite calm dismissing both mainstream parties and the Leave campaign, although what he stands for in a political sense is a bit odd. I can't be bothered trying to work it out-a plague on all your houses sort off.

Question Time was, long ago, a good forum for reasoned, topical political debate. Sadly, nowadays, it seems to exist mainly to reinforce the binary division created by Brexit. Every week the same old cliches: 'leve means leave,' 'We are where we are,' etc are trotted out. It has become tiresome, unimaginative and boring.

Edited by Mr Spoons

"Because he's for Britain. Boris Johnson is for Britain. Sorry? He's for Britain. That's how I see it; you know what I mean? It just... take the money out of Europe, keep the money here in Britain. He's British through and through."

*Audience applauds.*

FuckMe

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

"Because he's for Britain. Boris Johnson is for Britain. Sorry? He's for Britain. That's how I see it; you know what I mean? It just... take the money out of Europe, keep the money here in Britain. He's British through and through."

*Audience applauds.*

FuckMe

Good response to that from Sarah Churchill