Question Time

Elixir

This Gethins is a real asset and he should year Damien Green apart. Big platform to give a candidate for Swindon tho.

normally I would agree.

But he has seriously fucked up a couple of times tonight. Very frustrating. Let's hope not too many constituents were watching.

Anyone want to try and pretend that speccy twat at the end wasn't a plant?
Disgraceful chairing from Dimbleby again, giving Green all the time he wanted to talk about what he wanted, but failing to reign him in when he shouted over the snp speaker.
Shame on all the speakers for playing the "it's all about Brexit" game, as well. It's not even in the top ten priorities for the majority of people's lives in this country - if only people would think sensibly and not just parrot what they see and hear on the beeb and elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Anyone want to try and pretend that speccy twat at the end wasn't a plant?
Disgraceful chairing from Dimbleby again, giving Green all the time he wanted to talk about what he wanted, but failing to reign him in when he shouted over the snp speaker.
Shame on all the speakers for playing the "it's all about Brexit" game, as well. It's not even in the top ten priorities for the majority of people's lives in this country - if only people would think sensibly and not just parrot what they see and hear on the beeb and elsewhere.

I actually thought that Dimbleby gave Green quite a hard time over May's avoidance of tv debates and the normal level of scrutiny that a PM in an election campaign should expect, and willingly do.  I thought he made him look quite stupid - which was deserved.

43 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

normally I would agree.

But he has seriously fucked up a couple of times tonight. Very frustrating. Let's hope not too many constituents were watching.

He fucked up badly with the Scottish powers to correct Westminster barbarism thing, but as WRK says, Dimbleby allowed Green to interrupt him throughout. SNP spokesmen have to be better prepared on what is such an easy and predictable attack, and easily refuted. Deflecting the Korea question didn't help him either, although raising Libya was a valid point.

Edited by welshbairn

P.S. Why the fk do the SNP allow that greasy haired toerag 1980's Tory minister lookalike fuckwit John Nicolson appear on This Week? Andrew Neil destroys him every time. He was even kind to him tonight and sided him off gently. Mhairi Black or others must be able to do a better job than that twat.

On 28 April 2017 at 01:39, welshbairn said:

P.S. Why the fk do the SNP allow that greasy haired toerag 1980's Tory minister lookalike fuckwit John Nicolson appear on This Week? Andrew Neil destroys him every time. He was even kind to him tonight and sided him off gently. Mhairi Black or others must be able to do a better job than that twat.

Because he used to work at the BBC.

Best hope is the Tories finish off SLAB and make it a straight SNP v Tory fight.

5 hours ago, G-MAN said:

normally I would agree.

Nonsense, I thought he was excellent, didn't help that he was talked over by Dimbleby when quite rightly pointing out the SNP mitigation of tory policies, while the Scottish Governments budget is cut.

On Korea, could have done better but, while he spoke well on Syria and on Bosnia, Clive Lewis spoke about the NHS and the war on terror and Dimblecunt didn't hold his feet to the fire over that.

Also, I hardly think it's surprising that the audience of a massively safe tory seat weren't cheering for an SNP politician. 

And he was absolutely spot on about Libya.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

7 hours ago, G-MAN said:

normally I would agree.

Unfortunately he came across as a slavering Nationalist  clone.

Does not do Scotland's image any favours when he gets over excitable, starts dribbling, evades the question from the floor and the point that the SNP are not using the powers they have been given.......proving that Holyrood does NOT need more powers for starters and the the SNP are ineffectual governors.

His shoehorning Syria in to a question on N Korea was a premeditated ploy that he failed to deliver especially when everyone on the panel looked at him as if to say 'We're on about Korea v America you fuckwit.

His slittering ,slavering, googly-eyed performance and slavish toeing of the party line was a fucking embarrassment to any independently minded person.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Nonsense, I thought he was excellent, didn't help that he was talked over by Dimbleby when quite rightly pointing out the SNP mitigation of tory policies, while the Scottish Governments budget is cut.

On Korea, could have done better but, while he spoke well on Syria and on Bosnia, Clive Lewis spoke about the NHS and the war on terror and Dimblecunt didn't hold his feet to the fire over that.

Also, I hardly think it's surprising that the audience of a massively safe tory seat weren't cheering for an SNP politician. 

And he was absolutely spot on about Libya.

I refer you to my observations ( below).......Take your blinkers off, buddy!

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Does not do Scotland's image any favours when he gets over excitable, starts dribbling, evades the question from the floor and the point that the SNP are not using the powers they have been given.......proving that Holyrood does NOT need more powers for starters and the the SNP are ineffectual governors.

His shoehorning Syria in to a question on N Korea was a premeditated ploy that he failed to deliver especially when everyone on the panel looked at him as if to say 'We're on about Korea v America you fuckwit.

His slittering ,slavering, googly-eyed performance and slavish toeing of the party line was a fucking embarrassment to any independently minded person.

56 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

You're genuinely a tad unhinged.

This "clone" and "toeing of the party line" thing....

You've seen the posts elsewhere where Theresa May is asked a question and replies with "strong and stable government etc...." which was irrelevant to the question.

You seen Damien Green take 10 seconds to utter the same words along with "coalition of chaos" last night?

It's already a running joke that these two phrases are being uttered so many times by so many Tories.

That'll be toeing the party line surely?

....And the absolute worst recent example of toeing the party line is, of course, the 31 tories (I.e. every single Tory MSP) who voted for the Rape Clause in the Scottish parliament a few days ago.

All mp's toe the party line at times, the difference is that the Tories vote for things that don't help, but hinder, people - regularly and en masse.

6 hours ago, Shades75 said:

You've seen the posts elsewhere where Theresa May is asked a question and replies with "strong and stable government etc...." which was irrelevant to the question.

You seen Damien Green take 10 seconds to utter the same words along with "coalition of chaos" last night?

It's already a running joke that these two phrases are being uttered so many times by so many Tories.

....And the absolute worst recent example of toeing the party line is, of course, the 31 tories (I.e. every single Tory MSP) who voted for the Rape Clause in the Scottish parliament a few days ago.

All mp's toe the party line at times, the difference is that the Tories vote for things that don't help, but hinder, people - regularly and en masse.

This. McSpreader won't see it though on account of him being a complete c**t. 

10 hours ago, Shades75 said:

So you're agreeing with me that he was toeing the party line ( just like a lot of Tories do )....so thats good that we agree.

I can't work out why you're upset that I pointed  that out..

20 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

So you're agreeing with me that he was toeing the party line ( just like a lot of Tories do )....so thats good that we agree.

I can't work out why you're upset that I pointed  that out..

I can't work out why, if all Gethins was doing was toeing the party line, which you've agreed that all parties do....

...it elicited such a spittle filled tirade of anger from you.

Even more perplexing that, again - as we've agreed that all parties toe the line, the rape clause vote didn't draw out the same response from you.

So, the issue here, for you, is clearly not that he toe'd the party line, or anything that he said.  It's that he is a member of the SNP.

I'm sure none of us here will think any less of you (I'm not sure that that's possible tbh) if you can just admit that you lost the rag at him because he is SNP.

13 hours ago, mjw said:

Greeting like a wee bitch on here recently about 'cyberbullying'

'Wee bitch' is  a mysogynistic term  and the bullying was referring to other p&b posters as well you know

Edited by McSpreader