Question Time

Elixir

3 hours ago, milton75 said:

Antlion was pointing out that it was a fatuous comment.

You are attempting to argue with a point no-one, least of all me, was making.

Go back, have a think about this, breathe, and move on.

this board would be a lot better if he missed out the 3rd part

8 hours ago, milton75 said:

Antlion was pointing out that it was a fatuous comment.

You are attempting to argue with a point no-one, least of all me, was making.

Go back, have a think about this, breathe, and move on.

Sorry I agree........

But I'm sure Antlion can defend him self. You having a pop is not necessary

I got my points mixed up because I was annoyed with the fatuous comment about 'guiding light  for 1000yrs' as that isn't a Unionist mindset.... only in anti-Unionists' minds.

It was the next bit slamming Britain for being good at fighting wars and building empires at a time when the rest of  the world was doing the same thing. We don't have to feel guilty because our ancestors were f*cking brilliant at doing that. In fact I'm dead proud of my ancestors and the way they turned a small island into a world power. F*cking  good on them !

I admit I wouldn't agree with some of their practices set against today's standards but you have to admire them when set in the correct historical context...... .....

Edited by McSpreader

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

Sorry I agree........

I got my points mixed up because I was annoyed with the fatuous comment about 'guiding light  for 1000yrs' as that isn't a Unionist mindset.... only in anti-Unionists' minds.

It was the next bit slamming Britain for being good at fighting wars and building empires at a time when the rest of  the world was doing the same thing. We don't have to feel guilty because our ancestors were f*cking brilliant at doing that. In fact I'm dead proud of my ancestors and the way they turned a small island into a world power. F*cking  good on them !

I admit I wouldn't agree with some of their practices set against today's standards but you have to admire them when set in the correct historical context...... .....

Yes fair enough. I wasn't trying to defend him btw. But I'd seen the same thing and equally thought it was a daft statement. QT is full of maniacs though.

5 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Sorry I agree........

We were by far the worst though and along with America.....are basically still the worst. Be proud though....whatever floats your boat.

10 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

We were by far the worst though and along with America.....are basically still the worst. Be proud though....whatever floats your boat.

I won't disagree that we were the worst, not that we are really able to quantify that claim, although the excesses of the Roman Empire  and the Ottoman Turks wholesale genocide in Armenia, and of the Assyrians and of The Greeks, The Great Leap Forward in Communist China  suggests that maybe we weren't the worst in history.

It's just a wee bit uncomfortable for the sensitive souls of the Scot Nats, although I would suggest it's a false , disingenuous sensitivity based on how they can twist British history to suit their Independence agenda. 

That's fine, but when they are lying through their teeth about the legacy of our history and our ancestors contribution to history then I hope they accept they will be challenged. We're not all Nationalist sycophants on this forum.

I would suggest that the legacy of The British Empire has been positive for the most part.......This could be a whole other thread.

Edited by McSpreader

28 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I won't disagree that we were the worst, not that we are really able to quantify that claim, although the excesses of the Roman Empire  and the Ottoman Turks wholesale genocide in Armenia, and of the Assyrians and of The Greeks, The Great Leap Forward in Communist China  suggests that maybe we weren't the worst in history.

It's just a wee bit uncomfortable for the sensitive souls of the Scot Nats, although I would suggest it's a false , disingenuous sensitivity based on how they can twist British history to suit their Independence agenda. 

That's fine, but when they are lying through their teeth about the legacy of our history and our ancestors contribution to history then I hope they accept they will be challenged. We're not all Nationalist sycophants on this forum.

I would suggest that the legacy of The British Empire has been positive for the most part.......This could be a whole other thread.

You are, of course, a UK nationalist sycophant.

You know what pissed me off the most about Obama?

The Americans go on about the land of the free and Independence but he had the cheek to butt in and tell Scotland to reject the very thing the USA wank themselves into a frenzy over.

Cunts.

We are a smaller lapdog for the main lapdogs of the USA to throw a bone too once in a while, although not for much longer now.

A couple of things make me smile and think you know what I'm proud we achieved that together, the way we came together and stuffed the Nazis (twice), the NHS, back when we were seriously equal partners. If it was a marriage we would have split up in the 70's. It's gone on for 50 years too long.

If the UK were all Independent nations now would we all vote to join a Union in this day and age? Would we f'ck.

Que

5 minutes ago, mjw said:

30a80f47a514c27fba9ad25dd9e5a7c3.jpg

Que the usual suspects telling us about super massive black holes and how the good graces of the tories and the generous people of England is the only thing saving us from certain financial oblivion all the while backed up by the totally independent and impartial Mark Littlewood. John Swinney is shite at getting his point across as well.......NO THANKS.

On 11/02/2017 at 09:45, sergie's no1 fan said:

You know what pissed me off the most about Obama?

The Americans go on about the land of the free and Independence but he had the cheek to butt in and tell Scotland to reject the very thing the USA w**k themselves into a frenzy over.

c***s.

We are a smaller lapdog for the main lapdogs of the USA to throw a bone too once in a while, although not for much longer now.

A couple of things make me smile and think you know what I'm proud we achieved that together, the way we came together and stuffed the Nazis (twice), the NHS, back when we were seriously equal partners. If it was a marriage we would have split up in the 70's. It's gone on for 50 years too long.

If the UK were all Independent nations now would we all vote to join a Union in this day and age? Would we f'ck.

Likewise the Chinese Premier when he met somebody in Downing Street.
Also that numpty Bud Abbott the ex-Australian PM.
He said Scotland was too wee to go it alone.
My cousin in New Zealand said that went down well in the Antipodes.

6 hours ago, Fide said:

I look forward to the BBC finding a balance, representative Glaswegian audience.

That'll be 95% upper class Unionist Tory voters then.

I presume you won't be watching it in protest at BBC bias against the poor wee SNP?  

Edited by sparky88

I look forward to the BBC finding a balance, representative Glaswegian audience.
That'll be 95% upper class Unionist Tory voters then.

I presume you won't be watching it in protest at BBC bias against the poor wee SNP?  

That post never mentioned 'the poor wee SNP'
Well done making it fit you're nasty wee agenda though.