Interesting that air max are still thought of as chav shoes.

Some of the white ones or the multicolour yeah I suppose but I think the air max 1's are excellent shoes and the basic one colour or less bright ones are really nice. At the football you usually see a whole group of lads with adidas trainers on and it looks ridiculous.

They're no better than all the super dry clones.

Havent worn Adidas, Nike Air Max or NB out for quite a while now.

I paid £70 i'm sure for G-Star trainers many years ago :lol:

My Y3s were £169. Worth every penny.

I don't think I could ever justify paying that for something that'll last me a few months. Not to mention the fact that the poor c***s making them probably got about 9p for their troubles, I find £169 for shoes scandalous, really. But I suppose if folk will pay it that's what they'll charge.

For the last 3 or 4 years I've tended to alternate between Chile 62's and Samba's, though the last pair I bought were Adidas but not sure which particular brand as it doesn't say on them. My missus described them with borderline racism/xenophobia as Adidas Yugos.

Before that I was rarely out of Converse.

A good pair of trainers will last me years, think ive had my micropacers about 4/5 years and they are still in pretty good nick, so I'd say that is £150 well spent.

Usually pay abou £60-£80 for a pair of trainer but dont grudge it as adidas tend to last for ages.

Jeans, Trainers and Jackets are the three things i dont mind paying a lot of money for, although I wont just pay for the name only (i.e prada/diesel/armani trainers), I pay for the quality as well as the name.

I'm a big Adidas man so usually stick to them unless something special comes along like a pair of Ox blood red leather Nike Air Max that I wore into the ground! I have about 30 odd pairs but the majority aren't worn and just on display such as my 35th anniversary Adidas Run DMC Superstars or my Stormtrooper Superstars. I do try and find dead stock supplies but Hanon in Aberdeen is good for rare or limited edition trainers.

I've started getting mine custom made from MiAdidas as it's only about £85 for a pair of custom made Superstars that leave me safe in the knowledge that no ned who's saved up his dole money and walked into JD Sports will have a pair!

http://www.footasylum.com/reebok-phase-iii-trainer-079459/

What do folk think of these?

I normally stick to Gazelles, but I don't know if I fancy these or not for a change.

Although you're at it - I fucking hope - if anyone was going to get anything like that they'd be as well getting the Diadoras that JD are doing just now for 20quid.