Brechin vs. Airdrie

Seems the mid season apathy has set in early this year...

With neither side really setting the heather alight this game could go either way. We gave Brechin an absolute doing in our last encounter after one of the poorest performances I've ever seen against an Airdrie team.

However being 5th in the league suggests that was a one off performance this season.

I reckon it'll be a 1-1 draw. Scott Fraser with our goal and Alan Trouten scoring for Brechjn.

Seems the mid season apathy has set in early this year...

With neither side really setting the heather alight this game could go either way. We gave Brechin an absolute doing in our last encounter after one of the poorest performances I've ever seen against an Airdrie team.

However being 5th in the league suggests that was a one off performance this season.

I reckon it'll be a 1-1 draw. Scott Fraser with our goal and Alan Trouten scoring for Brechjn.

We've only lost once since that debacle down in Airdrie, without doubt one of the worst performances I've seen watching Brechin. We've actually been playing well since then - we've drawn our last few matches but you could argue we did enough to win at least two of those.

If we continue the way we've been playing I fancy us to win this one.

If relegation dog fights in league one is now going to be our level every season then I would rather we just went bust and gave a team like Spartans a pop at senior football.

That's the language of an utter bell end. Prepared to lap up all the good and f**k off during the bad.

Well played.

Getting annoyed with the ignorant collective on here who change the tv in the mess which means I can't watch Soccer Saturday to see the scores come in, although thats probably a blessing in disguise.

Probably Brechin will take something from the game, hopefully we can step up from the Stranraer game and are revitalised after a week on the piss week free from the Scottish Cup.

Brechin 1 Airdrie 1 - Fraser with a pearler.

Wee article here with Callum Tapping for the Brechin fans. Hearts content, but he speaks about his injury and time so far at Brechin. Hopefully he comes back in a decent state, I always quite liked him even though he didn't quite have it at Premiership level.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/callum-tapping-recalls-the-horror-of-budgement-day-1-3624739

Wee article here with Callum Tapping for the Brechin fans. Hearts content, but he speaks about his injury and time so far at Brechin. Hopefully he comes back in a decent state, I always quite liked him even though he didn't quite have it at Premiership level.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/callum-tapping-recalls-the-horror-of-budgement-day-1-3624739

Ye he d settled into team well and had that bit of class about him! Says a lot for the lad he dropped down divisions to get his game goin again! Hopefully he get s his wish and get s back in team for April ! ( just in time for play off s fingers crossed) . Still young and if he works hard he ll get another bite at big time !

As for tomorrow's game well we ll nvr be as bad as we were that day in October! We ve been playing quite well without gettin rewards our play deserves ! Gonna have to start getting that killer 3rd goal to finish teams off but Airdries no mugs ?! 3 2 City

Good point for us.

I actually thought we chances you s had you d be disapointed we a point , we huffed n puffed and nvr got goin! I thought Bobby made a wee difference ? I m disapointed at throwing another match away but I don t think we did near enough to win the match ! So happy with a point and not playing well so longs we win on Tues?

Good point for us.

Why? If our aim is to avoid finishing 10th then maybe. If we actually want to climb the table we need to start winning games away from home. Whenever we draw away to a team like Brechin, Peterhead or Stirling people seem to be happy with the result. We've taken 3 points from those 3 games, I certainly wouldn't say that is a good return yet after each game the manager seems happy. It's not like we're going away to play in some hostile environment, they were playing in front of 2 men and a hedge today, why are we happy with 1 point away when we wouldn't be at home?

I'm not saying that we should be winning as Brechin have been better this season, but I'm saying that our management team should be more demanding. A couple of players on Twitter have already said what a good result it is - which clearly comes from the manager. Our home record is not good enough to be happy with picking up a point at best in away games. I realise how ranty this is and it's not about today's game in particular, it's a general attitude point which has irked me for a while.

Why? If our aim is to avoid finishing 10th then maybe. If we actually want to climb the table we need to start winning games away from home. Whenever we draw away to a team like Brechin, Peterhead or Stirling people seem to be happy with the result. We've taken 3 points from those 3 games, I certainly wouldn't say that is a good return yet after each game the manager seems happy. It's not like we're going away to play in some hostile environment, they were playing in front of 2 men and a hedge today, why are we happy with 1 point away when we wouldn't be at home?

I'm not saying that we should be winning as Brechin have been better this season, but I'm saying that our management team should be more demanding. A couple of players on Twitter have already said what a good result it is - which clearly comes from the manager. Our home record is not good enough to be happy with picking up a point at best in away games. I realise how ranty this is and it's not about today's game in particular, it's a general attitude point which has irked me for a while.

So... by your own admission Brechin have been better than us this year, yet the point away at them isn't good enough?

Well thought out argument there........

A very poor game between two teams who did not deserve the three points. We should have taken our gift of a goal and see the game out but yet again we fail to hold onto a lead. Need to improve for Tuesday night.

By my counting thats 9 points we have given away in the last 5 minutes of games this season. Make it 12 if you want to count throwing away a two goal lead to Forfar as well.

Yesterday was a poor game where the slightly less poor one (Airdrie) can only be disappointed with not getting maximum points. Both goals reflect the game - poor. Why we can not see games out I have no idea, not even sure what happened with their goal - did Smith drop it? Did him and Gerry go for the same ball? Who knows. feel our season is already going to be another mid table mediocre affair. The game yesterday was twenty minutes old and I was bored.

We just look nervous when defending and not just a lead all the time - even when we worked good possession in our half how many times was it then lumped up the park to give possession over - nae composure. . Not sure why we had so many changes in a team that was ticking along ok. Why bring McNeil in at right back - he bottled several challenges and had poor distribution. Molloy looked like he was struggling in the middle also. We had nothing going forward with Trouten struggling and everything coming straight back off of Jackson and Thomson. We set up for them to hold it up and bring in the midfield - no working.

We need to beat Annan for the money but fear if we go throw a real pumping awaits at Falkirk.

I am FED up!

Because we're gash and given our record of not being able to see out a game and the fact that we were five minutes from a defeat, I think I'll take a point.

Pity we couldn't hold on for all three points. It was scripted for big Jim Lister to come back to haunt us. Thats two games in a row for me and although getting to games this season has been a problem for me i can see us treading water mid table this year. Wont make the game Tuesday night unless i take a sickie but hopefully we can get the win and move on to a hard tie with Falkirk. We will have to do better than today.

Archived