Stenhousemuir v Forfar Athletic

It wasn't our worst performance today. Which unfortunately says a lot.

Meechan did well enough and Lithgow gave his all. The effort was there but as a unit we're not good enough. Felt for Kieran Miller. He is a right good player but he couldn't carry the whole team.

Never mind missing Beast, Erroll Douglas had more to offer than McMenamin.

If we lose our next 2 matches I'm sure he will be punted. But regardless, I can't see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel coming any time soon.

Our season is finished this clown couldn't even get us a cup run.

I'm actually at the stage I want Albion Rovers to beat us in a play off game with Gemmell scoring the winner and running up to Booth with cupped ears just to get it round him.

Look at the team and bench today it's utter dross most wouldn't play senior football anywhere else.

Majority of Stenny fans had a massive stauner when he was appointed on the back of Ian Murray smashing the Dumbo job.

Fickle, us football fans, eh?

He certainly had the credentials, anyway - a well-known personality, a former international, spent part of his career playing on the continent, the Scotland U-17 coach - it wasn't hard to be impressed. And he started off well when he first took over the club - the run of games between March and the end of the season gave reason to believe we'd have a decent tilt at the play-offs.

But he's ripped the team apart, replaced them with a group of jobbers and we look totally ill-equipped for this league. I think we're lucky Stirling Albion are so rotten because they'll probably spare us finishing bottom, but ninth looks likely.

A deserved win for Forfar who didn't really need to do much to win. Both goals came from set pieces, much to no-one's surprise. I was impressed with them, particular their midfield and their forward line. Stephen Husband strolled through the match and Omar Kader looked pretty tasty when he got on the ball. Swankie and Hilson were handy too.

Husband is a class act and Omar is showing what he is capable of so much more this season. Punt and hope is sooo last year/s.. ;)

We have got a scarily good side here. Took a bit of time to settle, but once we got organised we simply swept Stenny away. Towards the end of the match, I was delighted to see five Forfar players in the Stennny box looking for something. Great stuff, hope we can keep it going.

Doesn't help that everyone seems to think Booth is a bit of a cock.

Well yes he seems to like to use it anyway,left his wife and kids for another woman

"He certainly had the credentials" for what?, just because he used to play football at a higher level doesn't make him a good manager of a football team, he was a coach(not a manager)of the 17 year olds, primary school teacher put in charge of a secondary school. the people who employed him are as bad as him,its their mess and its up to them to put it right

A deserved win for Forfar who didn't really need to do much to win. Both goals came from set pieces, much to no-one's surprise. I was impressed with them, particular their midfield and their forward line. Stephen Husband strolled through the match and Omar Kader looked pretty tasty when he got on the ball. Swankie and Hilson were handy too.

As for Stenhousemuir, where to start? I thought Ross Meechan, for someone playing in an unfamiliar position did okay, and Kieran Millar got stuck in, but beyond that that was probably the worst performance of the season so far. Defensively haphazard, anonymous in the middle of the park and powderpuff up front. Gary Oliver had a great chance to score when he took the ball by Rab Douglas but for some inexplicable reason, he chose not to shoot and was eventually closed down. It summed it up. We were never really in the match and Forfar could have stepped it up if they wanted to.

Scott Booth was shouted at at the end of the match. He really wants to take a good look at himself, this is absolutely garbage at the moment. There's been a couple of nice moments this year - the win against Dunfermline was class, and looks even more mental in context - but it appears to be a never-ending series of troughs. Thank God that Stirling Albion and Airdrieonians didn't win.

From what I heard Reid was the only player that gave Rab anything to do, with the only shot at goal and a through pass to Oliver who fucked up badly and a free kick to a header that looked like a pass back

Out of interest, what has happened to Martin Grehan at Stenny? Has he had injuries or just looked poor? He was an important part of Stranraer's season last year but does not seem to be anywhere near that sort of form this year.

A great win yesterday without having to be at our best.

First ten minutes was played nearly entirely in our half although Stenny created nothing, one bit of quality from Stephen Husband with an excellent pass wins us a corner from which we score and from then on looked fairly comfortable.

Section half we had chances but Stenny looked capable on the break but the second goal killed the game.

It was great to win the game and although we've probably played better one really pleasing thing was that there was nobody you couldn't say had a decent game, and the quality we have on the bench is fantastic to see too.

I didn't think Stenny were that bad, they did try to play football but often went nowhere with it, it just seemed they had a group of decent players but nobody with that little bit extra quality. I thought they were a bit lightweight too and for all they did I never really felt like we were in danger whereas I thought we looked dangerous going forward and at set pieces. Would think Stenny will probably remain in the fight to avoid 9th rather than challenge for promotion.

A good day out all in all.

I think we're lucky Stirling Albion are so rotten because they'll probably spare us finishing bottom, but ninth looks likely.

Say that quietly, performances have improved under McLaren and we're all sitting with our fingers crossed that results follow.

Archived