Stenhousemuir v Forfar Athletic

Not sure what to expect from stenny as I haven't seen them this season but their season seems to be a bit "meh" going by results and reports .

Hopefully we can carry on the winning trail and are fresh after a week off or maybe the break came at the wrong time for us .

Hope we get on the terrace too.

I go into this match, as always, with low expectations. and I'd expect Forfar to come away with the three points. They're bigger, stronger, faster and fitter than us and just look like a far more cohesive unit.

Curiously enough, however, we actually have a decent home record against the division's top sides - we've beaten Morton and Dunfermline and we held Stranraer to a draw, so God knows how this could turn out. A one-goal win or a massacre.

We haven't really played that well for some time. OK the 3-3 Brechin game we did eventually get going but the Ayr game was more about how poor they were.

It would be nice to think we can keep some challenge going in terms of winning the League but realistically finishing in the top 4 at the end would be the main aim. As well as avoiding relegation that is...... :P

A 'brisk' visit to the In-Laws en route ticks the box, so hopefully a win-win senario... ;)

I also much prefer it at Ochilview when the terracing is open BTW..

We haven't really played that well for some time. OK the 3-3 Brechin game we did eventually get going but the Ayr game was more about how poor they were.

It would be nice to think we can keep some challenge going in terms of winning the League but realistically finishing in the top 4 at the end would be the main aim. As well as avoiding relegation that is...... :P

A 'brisk' visit to the In-Laws en route ticks the box, so hopefully a win-win senario... ;)

I also much prefer it at Ochilview when the terracing is open BTW..

Not playing well and still picking up points along the way. Sign of a good team ;)

Agree play offs must have been the target at the start of the season especially with 2 full time teams in the league but we have no one to fear , on our day we are as good if not better than every team in this league

Last two games have been good, fightback at Brechin and comfortable home win, maybe tomorrow we will return to playing like Real Madrid and cuff stenny 6-0 and some might even praise the team in some way :)

Can only echo the statements about the terracing, dreading sitting in the stand with all those screaming kids running around that Stenny usually have.

Last two games have been good, fightback at Brechin and comfortable home win, maybe tomorrow we will return to playing like Real Madrid and cuff stenny 6-0 and some might even praise the team in some way :)

Can only echo the statements about the terracing, dreading sitting in the stand with all those screaming kids running around that Stenny usually have.

Yeah imagine attracting kids to support small clubs. Definitely the wrong approach if you ask me. A noisy football match? What a crime. Last time I was sat near them they were singing and being encouraged by whoever looks after them to sing positively for their club and being told to stop if they sang negative songs about us. It's called atmosphere and my God I wish we had some at Station Park!

As for the game, like bogsdolloxs I missed the last Stenny game so no idea what they are like. If we play to our best we are more than capable of winning but I'll take a draw. Whilst a title challenge would be nice and I'm certainly not ruling it out, a top four finish, but hopefully 2nd or 3rd would delight me and I'd take it now.

I'm sure you were young once as well for crying out loud.

There is a guard of honour tomorrow from the youngsters so there will be shit loads there I hope they bounce about you for 90 minutes.

Hardly practical to open the terracing for a dozen yokels plus the fact you are better watching the Forfar hoof ball side on IMO.

Hardly practical to open the terracing for a dozen yokels plus the fact you are better watching the Forfar hoof ball side on IMO.

A bakers dozen....(maybe) :( .... and yes, but only from one side in this fixture, so please open the terracing.

It's quite pathetic complaining about kids coming to the football (lower leagues) and make a noise. Really they should be going to Sevco or 'tic or even better just stay home and watch sky sports. ffs min get a grip.

About time we started getting local children in rather than the moaning pensioners, place was like a morgue when I used to go apart from them shouting some utter shite at times.

Bring on the kids every time. Fiver to get in & a kick about at half-time (under 12 only).

ETA - We could use one of the old c**t head as a baw every second week, entertainment, that's what I mean!

Well that was absolutely tragic! Not one player would get pass marks, completely dreadful all around against an okay Forfar team.

Defensively we were all over the place, our attackers didn't look like shooting never mind scoring and out shape was non-existent.

Fleming - very poor, horrendous kicking.

Duncan - had a shocker, very poor decision making.

Meechan - worst centre back I've seen in years! Can't use his head, can't do much else either!

Lithgow - best of a bad bunch today, wasn't great though.

Summers - seems to have went backwards recently, today glaringly showed that.

Miller - done okay but very clumsily gave away umpteen fouls.

Faulds - he didn't hide but had a shocker too, few passes went to a maroon shirt.

Dickson - all but anonymous.

Reid - good footwork but bad decision making. He needs to be dropped.

McMenamin - more happy to moan than try impact the game, seems like a complete w**k!

Oliver - there's a reason he's not getting in the Hearts squad and why he's on loan at us. Rounds the keeper but doesn't shoot? Created space 20 yards out and doesn't shoot? HIT THE FUCKING THING.

Booth has to be on the way out, if he stays we're going to endure even more shite football as he's to stubborn to change. No doubt his post match interview will start with 'I thought we played well' ...

A deserved win for Forfar who didn't really need to do much to win. Both goals came from set pieces, much to no-one's surprise. I was impressed with them, particular their midfield and their forward line. Stephen Husband strolled through the match and Omar Kader looked pretty tasty when he got on the ball. Swankie and Hilson were handy too.

As for Stenhousemuir, where to start? I thought Ross Meechan, for someone playing in an unfamiliar position did okay, and Kieran Millar got stuck in, but beyond that that was probably the worst performance of the season so far. Defensively haphazard, anonymous in the middle of the park and powderpuff up front. Gary Oliver had a great chance to score when he took the ball by Rab Douglas but for some inexplicable reason, he chose not to shoot and was eventually closed down. It summed it up. We were never really in the match and Forfar could have stepped it up if they wanted to.

Scott Booth was shouted at at the end of the match. He really wants to take a good look at himself, this is absolutely garbage at the moment. There's been a couple of nice moments this year - the win against Dunfermline was class, and looks even more mental in context - but it appears to be a never-ending series of troughs. Thank God that Stirling Albion and Airdrieonians didn't win.

Didn't get out of 2nd gear, really comfortable win.

Kader and the ever improving Dunlop the pick of our performers.

Wonder if "the sidekick" picked the team??

Next two games are vital in order to go into the new year still top

Booth must be placing his jacket on a shoogly peg just now? Miles off the pace.

The funny thing is, I don't think he is. I think he's in the same kind of position as Barry Ferguson is at Clyde - an unfashionable, provincial club has landed a big name (relatively speaking) and the directors aren't prepared to admit they made a mistake in his appointment.

Like they said in The Thick of It - if we sack you after a week, it looks like we fucked up; if we sack you after a year, it looks like you fucked up.

I was expecting a little bit of turbulence this year but this has been dreadful.

The funny thing is, I don't think he is. I think he's in the same kind of position as Barry Ferguson is at Clyde - an unfashionable, provincial club has landed a big name (relatively speaking) and the directors aren't prepared to admit they made a mistake in his appointment.

Majority of Stenny fans had a massive stauner when he was appointed on the back of Ian Murray smashing the Dumbo job.

Fickle, us football fans, eh?

Archived