Pars vs Ayr

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You and burty have an enthusiasm for the Pars I admire and cannot fathom.

Doubtless that will have been drained during the first half, where I will sit and chat more about anything other than the game at hand to my mate. Which is usually the case.

The only good thing of late at home matches has been some of the chants/shouts from the NW.

"Referee, your consistency of inconsistency truly displeases me. YA DICK!!!"

It's hard to imagine any Ayr fans wanting to attend this game. Probably the last thing most of us want is Ayr to win, as it's just likely to prolong Roberts stay in the manager's chair.

Totally correct the clock better be ticking to the end of this fool

Hard drug addition IMO.

Been a bit whingy about the pars lately but that's just on here. Never shouted negative stuff apart from the occasional 'f**k sake' or 'och' at the players for years. I just think the fans deserve better value for money and we went through hell to keep the club afloat. We have given out support and it just frustrates the hell out of me to see the same mistakes again and again and I go into big rants about it.

Can someone tell me we are going to win this league and how?

Divine intervention may be the only chance. Best have a word with your club chaplain.

Fans of other clubs keep telling us not to worry because their team is pish, well now I'm worried because we've been chucking every game.

COYP etc. 1-1.

You guys might be mediocre but we far exceed you on the shichter scale with added Roberts factor.

Our last two performances have been a massive improvement. I know some people might say "it was only Stirling Albion" and / or "but we chucked away another lead on Saturday", but, imo, we deserved a lot more from the cup tie, it was a flukey goal and the second had an element of luck in it too with it skimming off Geggan's head and into the net. If we continue to play as we have over the past two Saturdays, we really should be comfortable this weekend, without being disrespectful to Ayr.

With Stranraer playing at home to Morton, there is a chance to gain ground on top spot this weekend and 3 points are definitely vital bup I'm confident we can get the victory.

Without knowing any team news, bar Williamson and Wallace being out, I'd go:

Scully

Mullen

Buchanan

Martin

Whittle

Stirling

Falkingham

Byrne

Geggan

Smith

Ugwu

Subs:

Goodfellow

Urquhart

Chemin

Forbes

Thomson

Faissal

Moffat

Like Larbert Par, I'd take any sort of victory. I don't think we will be as dominant as we were vs Stirling at EEP two weeks ago, but I think we will still score a couple. I'll go 3-1 Pars. Ugwu, Smith and Geggan to score for us. Craig Beattie to score for the Honest Men.

COYP!!! :):D

Seems like it's only ever against Ayr where Jefferies' terrible midfield tactics work. I would like to have seen Chemin being used as Stirling's accomplice on the left, but doubt it and he'll probably be on the bench. Ayr were unlucky in our 1-0 victory back in October and should have at least earned a draw from their 2nd half performance but, by all accounts, they have got worse since then and we're apparently heavy favourites. It's been quite an occurant theme where the opposition's supporters are expecting a resounding defeat (before the match) to continue their plight and end up getting a result. Dropping points here, especially when Stranraer are up against Morton, would be on another level of shitiness. We can't afford it in all honesty.

We'll look something like this:

Scully

Millen

Martin

Buchanan

Whittle

Stirling

Geggan

Falkingham

Thomson

Smith

Ugwu

Smith looked very handy against Stirling. Didn't keep tracking back like Moffat does and has that pace to hit teams on the break.

Archived