Lugar Boswell Thistle

Kennie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players, Craig Muir and Ian (Ernie) McCreadie along with Brian McLuckie (ex-Cumnock Manager) will be in temporary charge of the team until a new manager is in place.

Best of luck to muirso and ernie cracking lads and I am sure the rest of the squad will stick by them.

Bolt ya rocket

Hertha is only giving his opinion which he is more than entitled to do

#COTB

Cheers FOTJ and you are quickly becoming my minder on here mate. :)

As you said we are all entitled to our opinions. :)

Some may be good /bad /indifferent in the eyes of others but we are all entitled to our opinions on here as you say :)

Cheers FOTJ and you are quickly becoming my minder on here mate. :)

As you said we are all entitled to our opinions. :)

Some may be good /bad /indifferent in the eyes of others but we are all entitled to our opinions on here as you say :)

I completely agree with this.....however what you said was bordering on mockery and was a smirky swipe.

My opinion is that that's bad form.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in the fortunes of Lugar Boswell Thistle.

Your input helped ensure that this topic stayed on the first page and no doubt helped in our search for a new manager.

I now have a list of applicants and I asked Isobel Goudie to verify the numbers for me and it stands at 1479 at the moment. But please let me answer some of the points raised by the usual faceless detractors.

Hertha - A squad that's the envy of others?

Who exactly??? Talbot , meadow , ladeside , petershill etc...??

Kennie I don't think lugar are a huge attraction to anyone in my eyes.

I never claimed that we would be attracting the interest of the top teams nor that we would be a huge attraction, your club is in the fortunate position at the moment that it is looking down on all but one of the clubs in the Region as far as league position is concerned, but do you really need to look down your nose at them?

Ayr Victoria - Totally agree Hertha Lugar are surrounded by Talbot, Cumnock and Glenafton. There in a bad area to attract attention haha.

Being surrounded by top division teams is actually a benefit to Lugar, quite simply we are not fishing in the same pond for players and they can’t all go to the 3 you mention.

Football Crazy - After reading Kennies description of the club, you should be inundated with applications

It seems to have done the trick, thanks.

Ardeerultra - The squad that you say most envy will probably be half way to maybole by now champ.

Out of a squad of 19 we had 19 at training on Monday and Wednesday, so nobody away at the moment.

Hertha - Just gave my opinion that I didn't think the lugar squad are the envy of other clubs as was stated.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that the current lugar squad are the envy of the top sides I mentioned and my own team weren't on the list .

Again where did I claim the top sides would be interested in Lugar’s squad?

Just to please all those faceless detractors, I thought i better write a more truthfull post about recent events at Lugar, so here it is.

Following discussions between Maybole Juniors, Carlo Walker and myself, Carlo Walker has been punted from his position of Manager at Lugar to take up the vacant managerial position at Maybole.

It took all my best efforts to convince Maybole to take him off our hands.

The rest of the Lugar Boswell Thistle committee are cock-a-hoop and are as glad to see the back of him as I am.

We would like to thank him the tremendous effort he has put into reviving Lugar but since he never made us the envy of Talbot , Meadow , Ladeside or Petershill etc, we’re just glad he’s gone.

Rosebank is a midden, our training ground is a ploughed field and the floodlights are never turned on because we canny afford the leccy bill. Our changing rooms are not any bigger than a cupboard and our strips are the same ones we’ve been using for 20 odd years. The Pie Hut sells cold pies, (once we’ve scraped the mould off them) and watered doon Bovril, don’t ask for sugar for your tea cos there’s nothing sweet about this place. Hospitality? Feck off hame, we don’t want ye here.

Whoever steps in to take over will have a total rebuild on his hands and would need to be off his rocker to even consider it. So much so that if there is anyone thinking about it, please don’t bother contacting me. You’re obviously mentally disturbed and we’ve enough of them at the club already.

Just to please all those faceless detractors, I thought i better write a more truthfull post about recent events at Lugar, so here it is.

Following discussions between Maybole Juniors, Carlo Walker and myself, Carlo Walker has been punted from his position of Manager at Lugar to take up the vacant managerial position at Maybole.

The rest of the Lugar Boswell Thistle committee are cock-a-hoop and are as glad to see the back of him as I am.

We would like to thank him the tremendous effort he has put into reviving Lugar but since he never made us the envy of Talbot , Meadow , Ladeside or Petershill etc, we’re just glad he’s gone.

Rosebank is a midden, our training ground is a ploughed field and the floodlights are never turned on because we canny afford the leccy bill. Our changing rooms are not any bigger than a cupboard and our strips are the same ones we’ve been using for 20 odd years. The Pie Hut sells cold pies, (once we’ve scraped the mould off them) and watered doon Bovril, don’t ask for sugar for your tea cos there’s nothing sweet about this place. Hospitality? Feck off hame, we don’t want ye here.

Whoever steps in to take over will have a total rebuild on his hands and would need to be off his rocker to even consider it. So much so that if there is anyone thinking about it, please don’t bother contacting me. You’re obviously mentally disturbed and we’ve enough of them at the club already.

Hilarious!!

Bolt ya rocket

Hertha is only giving his opinion which he is more than entitled to do

You are not very clever.

It is my opinion that Herthas comments are crass. I am entitled to give my opinion like your pal.

Can you see the foolishness of your post you clown.

#COTB

Not at all

#COTB

Kennie I hope and am sure that Lugar Boswell will make the correct appnt but In this current age surely an up and coming aspiring coach/manager would be the correct appnt for the foreseeable future . Good luck!

George Grierson has left Newton Stewart. His name has been mentioned for the Lugar job

Why does George Grierson get linked with all these jobs in the juniors?

He only goes to clubs who have money to spend usually and he left Kilwinning when things were getting tough and in my opinion he thinks he's some sort of Jose Mourinho. The guy needs to waken up and get real.

Why does George Grierson get linked with all these jobs in the juniors?

He only goes to clubs who have money to spend usually and he left Kilwinning when things were getting tough and in my opinion he thinks he's some sort of Jose Mourinho. The guy needs to waken up and get real.

Ayr Victoria need to say there is no substance to this quote at all, I'm sure Georges first managers job was Darvel who aren't a club you would associate with money then he moved to Kilwinning and done a decent job under tight restraints and no where near the budget previous managers had at there disposal, in fact most of the players were playing for no more than expenses and the days of the buffs having money to throw at players long gone. Then he took a gamble moving to Newton Stewart , a south of Scotland team with absolutely no fan base and no budget, and immediately took them to the top of the league and challenging in all cups, so what clubs with money has he been too?

Quality post Kennie. Aw the best to Lugar!

Archived