Lugar Boswell Thistle

Kennie

Following discussions between Maybole Juniors, Carlo Walker and myself, Carlo Walker has stepped down from his position of Manager to take up the vacant managerial position at Maybole.

Despite my best efforts to convince him to stay, I knew within myself that I was fighting a losing battle. The lure of managing Maybole was too much for him to walk away from, especially when you consider he was there for 18 years as a player.

The rest of the Lugar Boswell Thistle committee are as disappointed as I am, but we fully understand his reasoning behind the decision and we all wish Carlo the best of fortunes in the next step of his football career.

We wish to thank him for the tremendous effort he has put into reviving Lugar and progressing the club from being rock bottom to a club with a bright future. Whoever steps in to take over should consider themselves to be very fortunate indeed as they will be inheriting a club and a squad that is fortunately considered to be the envy of others.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank his assistant, Jim Morrison, for his time, efforts and assistance during his time with us.

All that being said we are now looking for his replacement and any interested parties should contact me on 07812046194 or email me at kennieyoung@yahoo.co.uk.

Kennie Young

Secretary, Lugar Boswell Thistle.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A squad that's the envy of others?

Who exactly??? Talbot , meadow , ladeside , petershill etc...??

Kennie I don't think lugar are a huge attraction to anyone in my eyes.

dont be a junior snob hertha.you were once a kilbirnie fan and then changed your allegiance to the mighty when you realised the error of your ways lol

Lugar have a great history in ayrshire junior football and while recent success has eluded them it is still one of names in the game and wish them well in their search for a new manager I'm sure they will receive strong candidates.

Carlo always gets mixed opinions by others. Folk see him as the shouting and ranting manager showing passion and defending his players. An incident with him and an opposition player a few seasons back saw him actually contact the player to apologise if he was out of hand and it was due to the desire of his will to win. I know for a fact he is not the only manager construed this way in junior football but seldom few apologise when it gets out of hand.

Will the Maybole players be happy with this appointment lebole?

It's the same when any manager gets a job. There will be those that are happy (the ones playing) and those who aren't!

End of the day Carlo will be the one deciding who comes and goes. Would imagine he'll bring in some new faces to freshen up a team that going by results needs it

Kennie, I was sorry to read this. I've always liked Lugar as a club and hope they get the right man soon.

As for Carlo, I met him a few times socially and he's a confident boy but I never found him OTT in any way. Seemed a nice fella.

As for Hertha, how completely ingracious of you. You were on here banging yer gums about Kenny McLean being the best striker since Dalglish when he retired. Maybe everyone should have bailed in and asked why he played for Beith then.

Kennie loves his club and he's right to big them up.

Don't get the hostility towards Lugar, the Op would be neglecting his duties by not talking up his club when advertising the job.

Perfect job for a young manager just finished playing someone like Bryan Slavin would be perfect for them.

Kennie, I was sorry to read this. I've always liked Lugar as a club and hope they get the right man soon.

As for Carlo, I met him a few times socially and he's a confident boy but I never found him OTT in any way. Seemed a nice fella.

As for Hertha, how completely ingracious of you. You were on here banging yer gums about Kenny McLean being the best striker since Dalglish when he retired. Maybe everyone should have bailed in and asked why he played for Beith then.

Kennie loves his club and he's right to big them up.

????

Bit hypocritical Hertha, on another thread you take offence at someone criticising your club, and you are on here slagging off Lugar, for trying to do the best for their club! Well out of order with your comments.

Just gave my opinion that I didn't think the lugar squad are the envy of other clubs as was stated.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that the current lugar squad are the envy of the top sides I mentioned and my own team weren't on the list .

Just gave my opinion that I didn't think the lugar squad are the envy of other clubs as was stated.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that the current lugar squad are the envy of the top sides I mentioned and my own team weren't on the list .

He said ' others ' the man wasn't comparing his club or team to talbot or meadow , that's obvious. All he was doing was bigging up his club a little like any good committee man would when advertising a job , you should know that.

They are sitting in a handy league position and will be the envy of a few teams at their level. Good opportunity for someone say a Bryan Slaven as i said in an earlier post.

Archived