Lanark v carluke

Goonie

excellent derby in lanark thoroughly deserved 5-2 victory for carluke the 2nd and especially the 3rd carluke goals where worth the admission fee alone

Agree that it was deserved and agree about those two goals. They two we scored were pretty good too. The two penalties that we missed sum us up. Shooting ourselves in the foot.

Two missed penalties in a minute never saw of it in my life some decent players lanark tho number 8 looks a good prospect

We have missed 5 penalties in 5 attempts in the league this season.

If no 8 was Marc Russell the young lad who scored our first but missed our first pen? Yes. Exciting prospect. His first start after two sub appearances. Believe he was at Dundee Utd for a few seasons. Was training at Pollok and didn't get a game. I believe he chucked it and hadn't played since May before turning out for us.

Brother of Johnnny Russell.

Last i heard lanark had picked up a few results and were doing well what happend today bc57. Thats a sore one to miss two penaltys in a game do you think that has affected the players?

Played poorly last two games, whereas earlier in season we were losing and playing well.

The penalties didn't affect the performance as we hadn't been playing well before we got them. We scored an excellent opener through Russell and then did our usual and conceded within a couple of minutes instead of tightening up. We scored another good goal before ht and went in ahead. Expected us, if anything, to push on from there.

Defence sloppy which allowed them to score a couple of excellent goals.

We did not want it as much as them today. We need to get a couple of older heads in to support our captain Ryan Docherty.

True carluke goalkeeper had excellent game the save down to his right from the header was outstanding and at the point in the game it was crucial

I forgot that. It was an excellent save from a good move. Russell, although slight, is excellent in the air, as first goal showed.

Although there was some good quality goals and saves, today Carluke's desire won the game. Probably too many Lanark boys don't feel it like a derby as maybe Carluke do, particularly with so many ex Lanark guys in their ranks.

Don't think it would have mattered what formation lanark played, the second half performance from Carluke was brilliant with some quality goals.

Had lanark converted the penalties in the 1st half would have been a totally different game.

Don't think it would have mattered what formation lanark played, the second half performance from Carluke was brilliant with some quality goals.

Had lanark converted the penalties in the 1st half would have been a totally different game.

I agree.

It was not the formation that let us down. Aside from missing two penalties, which clearly didn't help, Carluke wanted it more

Archived