MATCHES OFF - Sat 29 November 2014

Wishaw Secretary

1120 .... 6 games off so far.

Culter - Falkirk (Haddington have been given Rosyth for Dec 3 instead of Falkirk)

Stoneywood - Kilbirnie (seems likely Auchinleck will be given a game Dec 6, but who ?)

Brechin Vic - Arbroath Vic

Dunipace - Wishaw

Dufftown - Burghead

Stonehaven - H Russell

No one for Talbot to play next week. Fixtures man won't change the games

#COTB

Well, well ... I see our challenge has paid off .... Auchinleck v Larkhall in West Cup ...

Wasn`t it TE Lawrence ( of Arabia) who said " NOTHING is written ... ".

And the nice fixture man has killed three birds with one stone ...Ashfield get a game on Dec 6 (at Wishaw), while Troon get game on Dec 13 ( at Auchinleck) where they also had none. Well done Scott ..

Well, well ... I see our challenge has paid off .... Auchinleck v Larkhall in West Cup ...

Wasn`t it TE Lawrence ( of Arabia) who said " NOTHING is written ... ".

And the nice fixture man has killed three birds with one stone ...Ashfield get a game on Dec 6 (at Wishaw), while Troon get game on Dec 13 ( at Auchinleck) where they also had none. Well done Scott ..

I doubt that anyone on here would fail to acknowledge the debt owed to Lawrence for his work on one of our favourite character's better known books.And of course,his indirect contribution to the introduction of crash helmets for motorcyclists, :(

Incidentally, if anybody's planning a re-read of The Odyssey I can recommend the new illustrated edition which features helpful hints from the author..... :) :

Archived