P&B Out of the Loop

1 hour ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

For Dundee fans: What does DAB stand for and what the f**k are they?

I recently had to explain this to me sister, a non football fan, whose boyfriend's father is a Dark Blue and kept going on about DABs- it stands for Dirty Arab b*****d and refers to the fans of Dundee United Football Club, the club being nicknamed "The Arabs" (perhaps because years ago the Tannadice pitch had more sand on it than grass).

Albert mongoose is a fucking bellend and one for the watching. Always starts off with animal cruelty. 

I have saved two wee mice from death in the jaws of my cat in the last week. One of which was about 10 mins ago. Both scuttled away with some badly broken legs though and I found what I'm guessing was the mum dead outside today (or a rat with a wee tail).

Living next to a field I should probably just let her do the work or I'll end up with them in my house but you can't just sit and watch a cat kill wee mice.

Unless you're Albert Mongoose of course who would probably have a wee chug whilst he sat there like Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator.

35 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

This "dudu dadhan pal" patter the Hibs bois keep using. Anyone?

It's to do with some Hibs numpty on twitter constantly tweeting the Hibs correspondent at Edinburgh Evening News in an overly familiar way asking for signing updates.

"Hiya Pal, any news on Commons signing? NLGAWA"

13 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I'm going to point out the obvious and say my guess is the guy that composed that tweet probably isn't of full mental capacity.
Right, now that's out the way, who is Dudu Dahan then?

He played rhythm sitar on the George Harrison album, Concert For Bangladesh.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I recently had to explain this to me sister, a non football fan, whose boyfriend's father is a Dark Blue and kept going on about DABs- it stands for Dirty Arab b*****d and refers to the fans of Dundee United Football Club, the club being nicknamed "The Arabs" (perhaps because years ago the Tannadice pitch had more sand on it than grass).

Cheers! :thumsup2

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What does NLGAWA mean?

Neil Lennon's Green And White Army?

They'll be typing entire sentences as an acronym at this rate (TBTESAAAATR).

Not sure if it's a P&B thing or just a phrase that hasn't made it this far north to the Highlands but what does 'sand-dancer' mean? Have worked out that it's an uncomplimentary term to describe a player, other than that I'm uncertain

4 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Not sure if it's a P&B thing or just a phrase that hasn't made it this far north to the Highlands but what does 'sand-dancer' mean? Have worked out that it's an uncomplimentary term to describe a player, other than that I'm uncertain

It was doing the rounds in the Aiden McGeady days. I think it meant a guy who could do lots of fancy dribbling tricks, but didn't have any other football skills in his arsenal. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It was doing the rounds in the Aiden McGeady days. I think it meant a guy who could do lots of fancy dribbling tricks, but didn't have any other football skills in his arsenal. 

Makes sense! Many thanks, appreciated

6 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Probably no connection but people in South Shields are known as sand dancers, apparently because the Roman fort there was originally manned by Syrians.

I think I heard this being explained on Off The Ball before...

IIRC, it's basically used to describe those players who wouldn't look out of place doing all the fancy flicks and tricks on the beaches of Brazil, but who would be utterly hopeless in an actual game.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I think I heard this being explained on Off The Ball before...

IIRC, it's basically used to describe those players who wouldn't look out of place doing all the fancy flicks and tricks on the beaches of Brazil, but who would be utterly hopeless in an actual game.

Now you mention it, that does sound familiar, I think I do remember that. I can vaguely recollect Tam saying "Ah've heard sand-dancer used in a different context..." before Cosgrove cuts him off with his usual faux outrage. Petty and ill-informed - and pish on a number of levels - I do enjoy Off The Ball

On a similar note, whatever happened to Aiden McGeady? I know he's at Sunderland, but he used to be P+B's resident bête noire, but I've not heard anyone bitch about him in ages. What happened? 

He was at Preston last season.