Festive Period Fixtures

bc57

Does anyone know if there are likely to be fixtures scheduled for the 27th December and 3rd January?

Can't see why not but, just checking to get my excuses in early to avoid other possible eventualities being sprung upon me.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So guess clubs have not had the choice to not play on 27th as there is a full card of fixtures up for this date

I understand the clubs received an email today saying that there will be full fixture cards on both Saturdays for all clubs.

I understand the clubs received an email today saying that there will be full fixture cards on both Saturdays for all clubs.

I personally think this is shocking the clubs should b given the chioice i mean its 2 days after christmas players could b away with famillies. Tell u what if these games go ahead i would imagine theyre would b players missing due to the festive period. Each club should have been giving the chance of a free week.

It's a disgrace if you ask me. A lot of players like a swally on Boxing Day and like you say a lot of people go away to see families over those two days. The Sjfa need to rethink this one over I feel. There only part time players for goodness sake.

Surely that's the point?

They're part-time players in an entertainment industry, many of whom happily draw a wage. This is a peak time for people to attend that entertainment, in doing so helping pay that wage.

Never like to see teams playing at this time of year, the form book often goes out the window at senior level as players let their hair down, over indulge or simply have their minds elsewhere, imagine it would be the same or even worse with the juniors.

Would personally prefer a recess until 10th Jan 2015, let them enjoy themselves then get a couple of training sessions under their belts and a chance to focus again.

It's a disgrace if you ask me. A lot of players like a swally on Boxing Day and like you say a lot of people go away to see families over those two days. The Sjfa need to rethink this one over I feel. There only part time players for goodness sake.

It's semi professional football! It's a Saturday, it's game day. You can have a drink the Saturday night or Sunday.

I think you'd find most players would prefer to have the Saturday between Christmas and new year off! It's only one week! Yes it's an "entertainment industry" but most players at junior level get payed less than it costs to travel to training and games! They do it for the love of the game! They are not getting paid vast amounts and shouldn't be expected to sacrifice the festive period for buttons! Especially this year when there has been very little postponements to cause fixture congestion!

The players are on buttons expect for Premier Leagues. The fixtures should be cancelled as its only 2 days after Christmas. There not paid millions to play football like the EPL stars.

At semi professional football you have paying fans, many will be looking for a game to go over the festive period , money to be made for clubs. Players should be available to play two days after Christmas at this level of football. If that commitment is to much for them then maybe this level of football is not for them.

The players can still enjoy the festive period and new year as long as they make plans and take into account their football it's simple.

Why bother when there is all the live games on television. RRG it's ok for you to get drunk and eat loads of crap on Xmas/Boxing Day as you won't be playing football on the Saturday. This is a fun time for enjoying yourselves. They can't even have a drink anymore because of the new drinking laws either.

So you are saying that players can't enjoy themselves on Xmas/Boxing day any year? They earn £30/40 per week so should not enjoy there festivities to concentrate on a game of junior football?

You do talk absolute rubbish here ser.

Archived