Due to the fact that I'll get next to nothing if I trade it in I'm willing to send my copy of Dead Rising 3(I think it's 3, whatever one came with Xbox 1) to anyone here who wants it for a £5 donation to my just giving page.

Feel free to donate more if you are feeling charitable.

PM for details

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the fact that I'll get next to nothing if I trade it in I'm willing to send my copy of Dead Rising 3(I think it's 3, whatever one came with Xbox 1) to anyone here who wants it for a £5 donation to my just giving page.

Feel free to donate more if you are feeling charitable.

PM for details

^^^

Phil mac-made-up-name

• 1 month later...

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault - available right now on Origin for the square root of hee-haw. One of those shoot-the-foreigners games, by the look of it. Must be worth having, surely.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Humble Bundle are currently giving away Extreme Burger Defence, Freeway Mutant, and a demo of 10 Second Ninja X. No idea if any of them are any good but, hey, they're free. Just enter your email address in the box halfway down the Gamemaker Bundle page and they'll send you a download link. Windows only, by the looks of it.

Origin have switched to Battlefield 4: Second Assault as their free game for this month/quarter/whatever. Click the link to go to the store page and get some military shooter goodness for gratis.

Edit: The Origin deal seems to have reset and gone back to Nox again  :huh:

Looks like the Golden Joystick Awards are once again giving away games to encourage people to vote; this year it's Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and a 'mystery pack' courtesy of GreenManGaming. Just complete the survey at http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/ and they'll contact us all in October with details of how to collect our games. Can't remember what game I got last time, but I've done this in a prior year and it wasn't a scam of any kind.

Much as I'm grateful for the freebies, this still strikes me as a terrible idea. I ended up voting randomly for a load of games that I've never played, in categories I've no interest in, purely to get the games. I'm sure I won't be the only one either. Still, it's not like awards ceremonies have ever been anything other than shite anyway.

Edit: alright, the vouchers are in, and it's a bit shiter than I thought. Turns out that you have to give Green Man Gaming a pound to get the games, presumably to discourage people signing up to get a bunch of free copies to sell on, but you get your pound back in free credit once you've played your copy of Spec Ops. The 'mystery pack' consists of an utterly shite-looking game called Rock 'n' Roll Defence - some kind of Flash-looking tower defence game that you can pick up for a quid on Steam.

Still worth having if you don't have either of the two decent games, but I'd hoped for something a bit more interesting from the 'mystery pack', ingrate that I am.

• 4 weeks later...

Blimey. The original Dungeon Keeper is available for free on Origin at the moment. I imagine there'll be a few folk excited about taking a trip down memory lane with that one.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, XIII said:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is free on uplay

I just noticed that. Looks like Ubisoft have been giving games away since the summer and I didn't realise  :(

There'll be another free one next month, apparently, so fingers crossed for something equally good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised EA don't make Mass Effect 2/3 available for free more often, considering most of the money they make on it these days must be from the DLC.

Anyway, if you don't already have it, get it added to your Origin account now or you're clearly a lunatic.

• 4 weeks later...

Constructor is free at GOG.com if you order within the next twenty-four hours. Vaguely remember it coming out about twenty years ago, and it's some kind of comedy tycoon game IIRC.

You can also get the original X-COM: UFO Defence for free from Humble Bundle over the same period. I've only played the excellent remake, but it was based on a bone-fide turn-based strategy classic from the early Nineties, so I'd give it a go if you don't need everything to be rendered in 3D.

• 1 month later...

Archived