Free copies of Litil Divil are again available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com/store (the link's about halfway down the page - if you can't see it, the giveaway has presumably ended).

Also, Ultima VIII Gold Edition is currently free on Origin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free copies of Space Hack are again available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com/store (the link's about halfway down the page - if you can't see it, the giveaway has presumably ended).

Battle Realms is currently available for free at GOG, but only for 48 hours, and there's about 24 hours left, so get cracking!

You'll find it among the sales items on the front page here: http://www.gog.com.

Battle Realms is currently available for free at GOG, but only for 48 hours, and there's about 24 hours left, so get cracking!

You'll find it among the sales items on the front page here: http://www.gog.com.

Grabbed it - along with free copies of sim city 2k and Stalker - clear skies for spending a few weeks on some other bargains.

With GOG and Steam, you can really build up a cracking library for very few pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed it - along with free copies of sim city 2k and Stalker - clear skies for spending a few weeks on some other bargains.

With GOG and Steam, you can really build up a cracking library for very few pounds.

Trying to avoid these sales now - I've got over 600 games on Steam alone now, and I've played about 10% of them :shutup

Last I checked I'd only paid about £600 for them in total, however :D

I've got a spare key for Sim City 2000: Special Edition, if anyone's interested - already got it myself. It's generally considered to be the best of the series and is a bone-fide hall of fame classic. Here's the page at GOG so you can check it out. GOG's games are DRM-free, so you can download and install whenever and wherever you want. You'll get access to versions for the Mac and Windows too.

If anyone wants it, let me know by 5pm on the 26th of June and I'll do a draw (if need be) and send the key via PM to the winner. As usual, only users with at least 100 posts please!

GOG are currently trumpeting the free games that are available to people with accounts, so now's probably a good a time as any to mention it again. Existing users can go to the store page for any of these games and get them added to their account for nowt, and new users will receive them for free when they sign up. Doesn't cost you anything, and you get DRM-free versions that you can install and play anywhere without restriction, often for multiple platforms like Windows, Linux and Mac. Some of these are retro classics too, not just a load of old tat.

• Akalabeth: World of Doom
  • Beneath a Steel Sky
  • Dragonsphere
  • Flight of the Amazon Queen
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Digital Comics
  • Lure of the Temptress
  • Stargunner
  • Teen Agent
  • Treasure Adventure Game
  • Tyrian 2000
  • Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
  • Ultima Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams
  • Warsow
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Free DLC Program
  • Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire

Click here and get signed up!

There may be not much uptake on this thread Dave but I check it every time you do an update in case there is one that interests me. Your work doesn't go unnoticed

Thanks; I figured someone else might be interested. There's been plenty of times that I've found out about a freebie after it finished and wished someone had clued me in :P

• 2 weeks later...

Zuma's Revenge is currently free on Origin. Decent casual action puzzler from the people who made Plants vs Zombies and Bejewelled. Entertaining for the odd five minute game at lunchtime.

• 2 months later...

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 is currently free on Origin, along with Yuri's Revenge, whatever that is.

yuri's revenge is the add on for red alert 2

both are fucking tremendous games that still stand up in todays terms btw, i have both from years ago but would jump at this offer if i didnt, red alert 2 is one of the best C&C games ive ever played

• 4 weeks later...

yuri's revenge is the add on for red alert 2

both are fucking tremendous games that still stand up in todays terms btw, i have both from years ago but would jump at this offer if i didnt, red alert 2 is one of the best C&C games ive ever played

God those games were phenomenal - downloading the now.

Had actually downloaded and played them a few months ago since they were either chucked out by my mum or are stowed away somewhere in the Indiano Jones Warehouse of Artifacts esque garage full of all sorts of shite they have - they were lacking the movies in game and cutscenes though plus had a few other little bugs, so looking forward to a more complete C&C experience. Mirage tanks though :wub:

BORIS AGREES

God those games were phenomenal - downloading the now.

Had actually downloaded and played them a few months ago since they were either chucked out by my mum or are stowed away somewhere in the Indiano Jones Warehouse of Artifacts esque garage full of all sorts of shite they have - they were lacking the movies in game and cutscenes though plus had a few other little bugs, so looking forward to a more complete C&C experience. Mirage tanks though :wub:

BORIS AGREES

i loved chronosphering about 10-15 prism tanks close to the enemy base, then simply unleashing laser hell

oh and given that the allies had the weaker of the weapons supposedly, i found their missions way easier, always remember being stuck on the russian mission where you have to destroy yuri in the kremlin, they fucking yuri clones would always nick my tanks no matter how many fucking attack dogs i trained lol

i loved chronosphering about 10-15 prism tanks close to the enemy base, then simply unleashing laser hell

oh and given that the allies had the weaker of the weapons supposedly, i found their missions way easier, always remember being stuck on the russian mission where you have to destroy yuri in the kremlin, they fucking yuri clones would always nick my tanks no matter how many fucking attack dogs i trained lol

Terror drones are fantastic - instakill infantry, can't be mind controlled and can rip through a handful of tanks if they're preoccupied or travelling.

Downloaded it - has all the movies unlike the torrented version I had to get, think the versions I downloaded were incomplete too - could be that they're patched through Origin.

Kirov's were the most satisfying unit to use - spam hunners of them and they're just about impossible to take down by anti air, though a group of rocketeers can pick them off iirc.

EDIT: Playing it a bit the now - I'm tired but I reckon I'll probably stay up for another hour or two on this. Silly, quite camp, but so fun.

Carville is in No Country for Old Men as Tommy Lee Jones' da, and Yuri is in Blade. Both are in some other stuff too but I think that's their most notable roles.

Eva and Sofia... unf.

I've just realised that I should have a download code for Forza on the Xbone if anyone wants it? I'll have a look later on and try and find it but it's free to anyone who wants it.

Still got this? I'll claim it if nobody else has!

• 2 months later...

I'm well out of the loop - need to start checking my email for freebies and suchlike again!

Jade Empire is currently available for hee-haw on Origin - haven't played it, but it's one of BioWare's earlier RPGs, and is apparently a bit of a classic. It also doesn't normally get reduced by much on Steam, so fill your boots while you can!

• 1 month later...

Archived