• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, XIII said:

If you already have it in your library it'll stay there?

Hadn't heard about the Alan Wake problem but, aye, I'd be 99% sure it will be fine. There have been similar problems in the past; Sega only had a licence to use the Ferrari Testarossa likeness for 25 years, for example, and the Outrun games had to be withdrawn from sale once it expired. I still have Outrun 2006 on my list  :thumsup2

Apologies to everyone for not keeping this up-to-date lately - there have been quite a few free game offers floating about, but I'm usually too late to take advantage of them myself, never mind notify others  :(

• 5 months later...

Watch Dogs is available for free for the PC until the 13th of November - you just need to register for UbiSoft's free Uplay client to get it, which is (I think) necessary to play UbiSoft's PC games these days anyway.

You'll find it here, or on the main page of Uplay, if you're already signed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition is available for free on Steam for the next 24 hours. Don't know much about it, but I have heard it's really good, albeit an acquired taste. Drop by the Humble Store to pick it up.

Even better news - the greatest game of all time, Plants vs Zombies is available for nothing through Origin at the moment. Seriously, go get it, it's fucking awesome!

Brütal Legend is free on Steam through the Humble Store for the next two days. Looks like Jack Black's fevered third-person classic metal fantasy, but apparently turns into a real-time strategy game. No idea. It's supposed to be quite good, though, so grab it unless you're allergic to Jack Black. Also made by Tim Schafer, of Monkey Island/Grim Fandango/Psychonauts fame.

(I did mentioned this game contains copious Jack Black, right?)

You can pick up late-Nineties third-person shooter MDK for nowt from GOG within the next 36 hours. Bit of a cult classic, and DRM-free, so you can install it on as many machines as you'd like. Those who don't already have an account will find a bunch of other free games waiting to be played when you sign up as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, just noticed that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is available for free from the Humble Store at the moment - I quite fancied giving that a go, despite it being a bit disappointing, apparently. It's an FPS in the XCOM universe, with some of the squad-based tactics of the original, apparently. Anyway, you've got less than 24 hours from now to pick it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Grim Fandango Remastered is available for free at GOG for the next few days. Their winter sale is on just now too.

Go and get it, FFS. It's possibly the greatest old-school adventure game ever made.

Just noticed that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is being given away on Uplay until the 23rd. Presumably you'd need to use Uplay even if you owned it on Steam, or whatever. I think this is one of the decent ones, with the pirate ship fights and such. Need to give the Assassin's Creed games a try when I have time.

Lots of decent stuff being given away at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Archived