I know there's a thread for swaps, but I figure people would be more likely to check new posts in a specific thread for freebies. Feel free to delete if one already exists and my search skills have let me down. Fingers crossed, some other folks will contribute any spares that they don't need.

I've got a spare Steam key for X-COM: Enemy Unknown which, as memory serves, will get you a downloadable copy of the game for both PC and Mac. It's for the 2012 remake, not the 1994 original, which is also available on Steam at a lower price. The game's something of a cracker, as the Metacritic score of 89 will testify to.

Post a message on the thread to confirm your interest before 5pm on Friday, the 5th of December and I'll do a random draw afterwards. The winner will receive their key via a PM, and will hopefully have the weekend to enjoy their new game.

To get more of an idea if this game sounds like your cup of tea, check out the Steam Store page for gameplay and storyline videos. Good luck!

Edit: just occurred to me that I should make it so's the draw is only open to folks with at least 100 posts in case somebody's tragic enough to make some aliases to increase their chances.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll happily claim it!

It's yours at the moment, Ludo.

So this is why we have had so many new alias' over the past few days

Cheeky bugger. You try and do something nice... :P

Age of Wonders is currently free at http://www.gog.com. They're having a sale right now; just scroll down past all the offers on the home page and you'll see the freebie. All you have to do is click a button and they'll email you a key to redeem. They started with 186,000 keys to give away, and they're down to something in the region of 140,000 already, so get your skates on.

Don't know anything about it, but it has a user score of 9.2/10 from 32 ratings at Metacritic, for what that's worth.

Edit: rather than sending a key, they just add it to your account. So you need to sign up (for free!), which I can wholeheartedly recommend it you like free games, as they do this quite regularly :P

...aaand the winner, and only entrant, is Ludo *1! :P

Steam code will be with you shortly. Hope you enjoy it; it's a cracker of a game.

I'll do another draw for The Witcher 2 sometime before Christmas, when I find the key. Hopefully there'll be more interest, and perhaps someone else will have something to give away before then :ph34r:

I got the last of us remastered download on PS4 when I bought one and almoot posted it here 'cos I thought it would be the sort of game that others raved about but i didn't like.

I was pretty disappointed with the walking dead and thought the last of us would be pretty much the same.

It isn't.

Sorry folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, children.

As promised, I've got a copy of classic fantasy RPG The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to give away, in the form of a redeemable DRM-free download key from GOG. The key will enable you to download the game for Windows, Mac, and Linux. You also get a metric crapton of other extras:

9ho2og.jpg

Haven't played the game myself yet, but it has a metacritic score of 88. I do know that the first game is tremendous fun, and the sequel is supposed to be even better. Kill bad guys with your steel sword, monsters with your silver sword, and slay the ladies with your pork sword :P

Post a message here to confirm your interest before 5pm on Wednesday, the 24th of December and I'll do a random draw afterwards. Hopefully there'll be more than one entrant this time! The winner will get their key via PM soon after, and will have something to escape to over the holiday. Once again, only those with more than 100 posts are eligible.

To get an idea if this seems like your kind of thing, the store page can be found here, with gameplay videos, screenshots and the like.

Good luck, Merry Christmas to you all for next week, and a Happy Hanukkah for right now! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a while but, as promised, time for the Dead Horde giveaway!

Ooft; poor reviews for this one, but maybe the fact that it's a freebie might make it worth having. Haven't played it, but it seems to be a top-down zombie shooter in the style of...well, Zombie Shooter and older games like Robotron and Smash TV.

Post a message here to confirm your interest before 5pm on Friday, the 6th of March and I'll do a random draw afterwards. I'll gift it to the winner via email ASAP afterwards. Only those with more than 100 posts are eligible. Bear in mind that naebdy enters these things, so you're likely to win if you do :P

Store page is here, with videos, screenshots, and the usual stuff. Here's a gameplay video

Free copies of Litil Divil currently available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com/store (the link's about halfway down the page - if you canit see it, the giveaway has presumably ended)

Been a while but, as promised, time for the Dead Horde giveaway!

Ooft; poor reviews for this one, but maybe the fact that it's a freebie might make it worth having. Haven't played it, but it seems to be a top-down zombie shooter in the style of...well, Zombie Shooter and older games like Robotron and Smash TV.

Post a message here to confirm your interest before 5pm on Friday, the 6th of March and I'll do a random draw afterwards. I'll gift it to the winner via email ASAP afterwards. Only those with more than 100 posts are eligible. Bear in mind that naebdy enters these things, so you're likely to win if you do :P

Store page is here, with videos, screenshots, and the usual stuff. Here's a gameplay video

Stick me down - never look a freebie in the mouth...

Wow. I'm actually going to have to make a draw this time :mellow:

...and the winner of Dead Horde is...groaninjock! Congratulations; hope you enjoy it! Sorry WRK!

There'll be another draw at a later date, just as soon as I check which spare games I have.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you getting on with the blender Jock bought you?

I'd have been much happier if I hadn't mistaken it for a Fleshlight :o

Free copies of Pixel Puzzles: Japan currently available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com/store (the link's about halfway down the page - if you can't see it, the giveaway has presumably ended)

• 2 weeks later...

Free copies of Commando Jack currently available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com (the link's about halfway down the page - if you can't see it, the giveaway has presumably ended).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Free copies of Space Hack currently available on Steam through Indie Gala - all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter and join their Steam group. No idea if the game's any good, but it's free!

Grab it here: https://www.indiegala.com/store (the link's about halfway down the page - if you can't see it, the giveaway has presumably ended).

Archived