Are Hearts the most envied club in Scottish football?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic by a mile. biggest club, most successful, most fans. hearts have nothing on them

Nah. It's like supporting Walmart. They are the establishment now and their fans are glory hunters.

Respect to all those who support their local team, however wee and distant from the silverware they may be.

Some of my best friends are Hearts fans. In fact every friend I have called Les is a Hearts fan but I have to warn my Jambo chums that Queen of the South have now only 4 of their 18 players still unavailable and as they are feeding back into the squad we are getting stronger. Hibs could have played until Monday against us and they would not have scored. We are looking for a draw AT LEAST against you as we chase second spot.

It'll certainly be QoS' Cup Final and a big day out for their players and supporters alike.

A quick guide for those travelling to Edinburgh - the big metal birds in the sky are called "airplanes", and yes, our lavatories are found indoors. Have a great time, guys!

That was my first thought as well. Tynecastle is an amazing place to watch a game, surely that is the fucking purpose?! :lol: It is just some bullshit phrase they've heard someone say and decided it sounds good.

Agree on that Hibs stand as well. I mind being at the semi and being taken aback by how badly designed it was and how much effort it was to get out the fucking thing.

No, I like to watch my football, if forced to sit (no terracing like my youth any more- would prefer terracing) without my knees being crushed and those stairs down to the pie stall/bogs are too narrow as well. Compared to more modern stands the stand at Tynecastle is outdated.

My mate who was with me and is neutral when it comes to Hearts agreed with my complaint that the stand was outdated.

I recently went to the Scotland v Holland Women's Play off match at Tynie. After 100 years that main stand isn't fit for purpose- access is bloody awful if there's a big crowd.

Tynecastle isn't fit for purpose. It's a crumbling shithole. The steep stands do make it athmosteric though. Although any new stadium built in the UK would be banned from using such foundations.

^^^ Idiots found.

It never fails to amuse me when this moronic nonsense is trotted out.

Do you both genuinely believe that Tynecastle would be allowed to host football matches in the post-Hillsborough era if it really "wasn't fit for purpose" and was an actual "crumbling wreck"?

It obviously needs a new Main Stand and a general tidy up but to label it unsafe and a health hazard is hilariously wrong. There has already been repair work carried out over the past few months and I suspect a lot more will take place in the close-season to spruce it back up.

You would think you haven't seen grounds like Pittodrie or Fir Park, or the vast majority of Scottish grounds in comparison to the modernness and overall state of Tynecastle for that matter.

Everyone knows that Hibernian FC Club fans are the envy of everyone in Scotland, football fan or not.

You wouldn't believe how many times I've started talking to someone about football abroad and they've asked about our famous cup runs of 2007, or how it feels to support a team with the best Scottish football ground outside of Glasgow, or what the match experience is like amongst Scotland's most vocal, sophisticated, handsome supporters.

Sometimes I try and imagine supporting another Scottish team and I get quite sad, what a pointless existence.

That was my first thought as well. Tynecastle is an amazing place to watch a game, surely that is the fucking purpose?! :lol: It is just some bullshit phrase they've heard someone say and decided it sounds good.

Agree on that Hibs stand as well. I mind being at the semi and being taken aback by how badly designed it was and how much effort it was to get out the fucking thing.

http://www.zinescene.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MOBpurpose.htm

Archived