Android lollipop

P45

also can't seem to mute the phone anymore, now have to go into settings and manually reduce all the volume controls on my s5

Yes its fucking annoying that,

yes the icon is still in the notification bar, but on the kitkat you could turn the sound on, to vibrate and all off completely, now on lollipop we only have on and vibrate, which is extremely pointless

There has been another update on the S5, I got it on my unlocked one last week, which has reinstated the mute function and brought back the "do not disturb" function.

• 1 month later...

Android 5.1. seems to have a bit of an issue on Nexus 5 where, when you leave a Wi Fi conection, the phone can't reconnect to 3G or 4G. I'm having to restart my phone several times a day to get reconnected to 3G. Anyone else having the same problem?

• 2 years later...
On 2015-4-29 at 13:25, D.A.F.C said:

You can improve the lag on the Nexus 7 by clearing the cache partition. I tried it on my mums tablet and it does improve it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-2012/337072-guide-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

Bump! @D.A.F.C

Just wondering if this is still your findings before I give it a go?

• 3 months later...

Thought i'd bump this instead of starting a new thread. Tried the cache partition wipe thing as above and it made absolutely no difference. Still unresponsive and so painfully slow it's totally useless. I'm sure it's a second generation Nexus 7 tablet and running android 5.1.1.

Thinking of biting the bullet and doing a factory reset so when I log back into Playstore will it reload my previous apps and books i've bought?

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Thought i'd bump this instead of starting a new thread. Tried the cache partition wipe thing as above and it made absolutely no difference. Still unresponsive and so painfully slow it's totally useless. I'm sure it's a second generation Nexus 7 tablet and running android 5.1.1.

Thinking of biting the bullet and doing a factory reset so when I log back into Playstore will it reload my previous apps and books i've bought?

Think so if you're on Google and Amazon, and not refused too many permissions. Got a new phone a while back and as soon as I signed into google and Amazon all my stuff was there. Same with a computer and kindle. You could try signing in on another device to make sure.

Archived