Android lollipop

P45

Anyone else unfortunate enough to have a Nexus device and downloaded Lollipop?

If you do have one and haven't downloaed it yet then don't.

My goodness, what a pile of half assed shit. Did they not test their new OS even on their own branded devices before releasing it?

f**k you Google. You used to be one of the better corporations as well.

If the iPhone 6 was at all decent I'd switch to Apple.

Sky sent out emails a while back saying that their apps were having problems with Android L and recommending not to update until this had been fixed.

I downloaded it for my Nexus 5. It's okay. Couple of things are relaly annoying me though. I loathe the lack of a back button on the lock screen when playing music through "Play Music" and also I miss the gallery for viewing photos rather than the Photos app. This is mainly because when you delete a picture from the Photos app it deletes it from the cloud as well which I don't always want. Sometimes I just want the picture off my phone but there doesn't seem to be a work around for it.

I do like the indicator of how long it will take to charge the phone and some other things but for me it's nice enough but not great with some real annoyances thrown in.

I ended up doing a factory reset on my Nexus 5 after the OTA Lollipop update. Was getting thrown out of apps all the time but the reset seems to have done the trick.

I downloaded it for my Nexus 5. It's okay. Couple of things are relaly annoying me though. I loathe the lack of a back button on the lock screen when playing music through "Play Music" and also I miss the gallery for viewing photos rather than the Photos app. This is mainly because when you delete a picture from the Photos app it deletes it from the cloud as well which I don't always want. Sometimes I just want the picture off my phone but there doesn't seem to be a work around for it.

If you expand the Now Playing notification on the lock screen by dragging it down you'll get the back button.

I was pleased they merged the Photos and Gallery 'apps' - never saw the purpose of have two - but agree they haven't quite got it right. If fact, it's ridiculously over complicated.

Yeah I saw that but I don't want to have to go through extra steps (even if it is just a swipe down) to get to a button that should be there anyway and, as far as I can remember, was there before. Seems a bit of a backward step for me anyway.

I don't mind the merging of the Photos / Gallery app but preferred the latter which I found easier to navigate. The fact that you have no option to only delete a photo from your phone and not your phone and the cloud is ridiculous.

I have original Nexus 7. How come some get updates long before others? Mine just randomly get offered on switching on.With previous updates I've not noticed any difference so don't get the big deal. Just use it for surfing, reading books and watching telly at work tethered to phone.

• 2 months later...

just landed on my galaxy s5 with O2

not too enjoying the fact it says my phone memory will reduce by a minimum of 950mb, what the f**k are they planting in my phone to suck up that memory

also can't seem to mute the phone anymore, now have to go into settings and manually reduce all the volume controls on my s5

Don't have that problem on the HTC, thankfully. Don't have any complaints with Lollipop.

Not sure of the Samsung OS but can't you at least add a shortcut widget to your home screen or second pane to operate the mute?

also can't seem to mute the phone anymore, now have to go into settings and manually reduce all the volume controls on my s5

Dont you have a sound icon in the notification bar? I do on my Note. If you swipe down with two fingers you should get all of the settings icons available. From there, theres an edit icon top right and you can pick which settings icons to show in the notification area.

The only issue Ive found with lollipop is that notifications for things like emails and messages dont disappear when you've read the message, you have to get rid of the notification too. Its a fairly minor annoyance though, other than that its great

I've found the battery life on my Nexus 5 to be poorer since Android L went on especially the 5.0.1 (?) update. Thankfully I have a back up battery pack with me pretty much all the time.

Dont you have a sound icon in the notification bar? I do on my Note. If you swipe down with two fingers you should get all of the settings icons available. From there, theres an edit icon top right and you can pick which settings icons to show in the notification area.

The only issue Ive found with lollipop is that notifications for things like emails and messages dont disappear when you've read the message, you have to get rid of the notification too. Its a fairly minor annoyance though, other than that its great

yes the icon is still in the notification bar, but on the kitkat you could turn the sound on, to vibrate and all off completely, now on lollipop we only have on and vibrate, which is extremely pointless

Archived