Corporal Punishment - The Belt

"Gary Booooooth! Don't just hug that box, love it. Love it! love the boax!!!". Don't think he dicked about in that class again after he spent the majority of a double period loving a wooden box in front of everybody.

I just burst out laughing in the office at that, ya p***k.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The belt had long been done away with by the time I started school, but I remember my first day at Secondary school, which is a nerve shredding experience for anyone without being exposed to the lunatic history teacher Mr Walker kicking a desk into a boys ribs because he had the audacity to ask a question without putting his hand up.

I'm far too young to remember the belt but I had an evil P.E. teacher who came up with his own cruel and unusual punishment.

He'd make the pupils who were arsing about in the pool when we had swimming get out and stand under a big pipe in the corner where cold air came out.

Not particularly pleasant when you're soaking and it's freezing.

Some of these stories are dreadful. The teachers involved are utter scum for doing that sort of thing in my view. They shouldn't have been anywhere near a classroom. Sadistic cowards.

My first year form teacher was a real bitch. She would belt you for breathing too loud. I must admit I did muck about a lot during class and was on a run of having been belted every day for a month, when I walked in one morning and asked her if she wanted to belt me then or wait until I had done something. You've guessed it....I got both.

Always found a singler from thinner belts was worse, especially when you had to hold the hand out at 90 degree angle to the belt. With a doubler facing the belter at least you could try to lessen the impact by attempting to move your hands in synch with the belt hitting skin.

We were sometimes given the choice of either death,( the belt),or imprisonment,(punishment exercise).

Opting for the belt meant it was over and done with quickly and although it could sting like f**k, also increased your reputation as a bit of a tough nut at school.

Once drew my hands away at the last second so the teacher hit his leg.

Last laugh with him though, as I was then given 6 as opposed to the original one!

We were sometimes given the choice of either death,( the belt),or imprisonment,(punishment exercise).

Opting for the belt meant it was over and done with quickly and although it could sting like f**k, also increased your reputation as a bit of a tough nut at school.

Once drew my hands away at the last second so the teacher hit his leg.

Last laugh with him though, as I was then given 6 as opposed to the original one!

Pulling your hands away made the whole process a whole lot more random. Guy the year above me tried it and ended up with a broken wrist.

Although physical punishment was banned in my time, our PE teacher from S1- S3 was a fucking knob head. He used to join in at 5 a side and didn't hold back, he had lots of 12-14 year old kids in tears with overly robust challenges and he took a stick off my ankle playing shinty, which i was sure was meant. He also used to teach through the method of sarcasm.

I played against him in a Pupils v Teachers match in 6th year and he had to go off after twenty minutes due to the tackles going in from everyone. One i still laugh about, was waist high.

We were sometimes given the choice of either death,( the belt),or imprisonment,(punishment exercise).Once drew my hands away at the last second so the teacher hit his leg.Last laugh with him though, as I was then given 6 as opposed to the original one!

Pulling your hands away made the whole process a whole lot more random. Guy the year above me tried it and ended up with a broken wrist.

Drawing away was considered cowardice in our school. You had to stare the executioner in the eye while he/she did his/her worst. Didn't do me any harm, I tell you. Repeatedly.

It was brutal. There were teachers who enjoyed hitting kids. I am sure of that. There were some that would only use the belt as a last resort. I guess as we grew up in a very different age it is. difficult to comprehend. Corporal punishment in school and at home was as normal as tea and toast. Thank god we have moved on.

It was brutal. There were teachers who enjoyed hitting kids. I am sure of that. There were some that would only use the belt as a last resort. I guess as we grew up in a very different age it is. difficult to comprehend. Corporal punishment in school and at home was as normal as tea and toast. Thank god we have moved on.

Too right. I got some hammerings from my dad but it hurt him more than it hurt me apparently

Although physical punishment was banned in my time, our PE teacher from S1- S3 was a fucking knob head. He used to join in at 5 a side and didn't hold back, he had lots of 12-14 year old kids in tears with overly robust challenges and he took a stick off my ankle playing shinty, which i was sure was meant. He also used to teach through the method of sarcasm.

You can't take away sarcasm.

Teachers need some kind of weapon.

Although physical punishment was banned in my time, our PE teacher from S1- S3 was a fucking knob head. He used to join in at 5 a side and didn't hold back, he had lots of 12-14 year old kids in tears with overly robust challenges

Mine on the other hand played for Brechin at the time and got me complimentary tickets upon request. That's when I realised how shite a team we were.

I served my time from 1967 or thereabouts to 1979. Never got the belt in all that time but got smacked around a fair bit by various inadequates who thought they were hard men because they could take on an 8-year old. One of my lifetime regrets is that before emigrating I didn't track down a particular sadist named Starkey and give him a decent kicking. See if I could maybe frighten the twat as much as he used to frighten me.

This was the one who once picked me up by the ears, dragged me across the room on my tiptoes then threw me into a stack of folding chairs.

Why?

Because I dared to open my eyes during a prayer to his magic friend in the sky. I was 9.

post-12982-0-69016100-1417042882.jpg

if it was this fud I'm sure we can have a whip round to bring you back and give him a panning.

I think the belt was still around when I was a lad but I went to a posh school that didn't have it. I once had to copy out a passage from the book "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" for not doing English homework. Took me a few hours that night and when I handed it in the teacher immediately threw it in the bin, which taught me a lesson- I should have skipped more passages out of the book if he wasn't going to read my handiwork!

I got the belt in P2 for "running on the grass". I was belted regularly through primary school and particularly in P7. P6 had a brief respite from the belt - the old cow preferred a wooden ruler. All of this happened whilst in the catholic school system. I jumped ship to go into secondary and never got the belt again. Probably just coincidence.

Looking back it's unbelievable that an adult felt they could take something like this to a 6 year old for "running on the grass". Thank fvck it's gone. When people look back and see this as a means of classroom control they forget the psychos who used it - examples evidenced in this thread. It wasn't just politicians and celebs who were taking advantage of weans back then.

My French teacher in secondary school - a fine man but a lunatic - leathered a boy beside me because he was reciting his French homework with a right dreary, muffled voice. That's how the poor cvnt spoke all the time!! 6 of the belt for being yourself. The old fvcker just ran up the row of chairs and pulled the belt out a pocket that must have been a foot deep. No time for ifs or buts - battered before he could mutter incoherently.

Archived