Sitting In Different Parts Of Stadium

DAFC

Also seen games from all areas of EEP, apart from the hospitality boxes. That will need to wait for me a cold day when I'm loaded.

It's a wee bit surreal watching a game from them. The glass cuts out all the sound but they must have a microphone near the dugouts so you hear the crowd but also hear the players/managers a bit more than normal.

I've never sat in our main stand......will need to address that.

Ha - ahead of you there! Been everywhere at Tynecastle including the old terracing.

I don't think you're missing much with your main stand though - a bit fusty compared to the rest of the place.

Ha - ahead of you there! Been everywhere at Tynecastle including the old terracing.

I don't think you're missing much with your main stand though - a bit fusty compared to the rest of the place.

Think you're right there mate. I have done the old terracing back in the day though.

Not quite. Have stood on the NW and West Terracing. Have sat in the NW, Norrie, both sides of the Main Stand, both of the small enclosures below the main stand (either side of the dugouts) and have sat in the away/East/Cowden stand. Haven't seen a game from the NE though.

I haven't been in the end section of the main stand that is usually used by the away support these days. Also, never watched a game from the enclosure at the bottom of the min stnd at the home end. Been in all the areas now used for home fans, NE once for the Sunday night Sky game against Dundee Utd, Cowden end for games against Hearts and Aberdeen when the Norrie was being built, and enclosure at the away end of the main stand for a game against Hearts around 1990 when that was teh family enclosure.

Also seen games from all four sides at Easter Road and Starks, although not in the main stand at Starks - was on the terracing in front of it for a Cowden-Pars Scottish Cup game in 1990.

Only section I've not been in is the open terrace in the away end. I've stood/sat in every other part of the stadium. We played Rangers in about 2003 & got beat 1-0 from a De Boer goal in the last 10mins or so. We switched ends with Rangers for this game. Also, recently, maybe last season (not that I was at the game) the fans were able to stand behind the Railway end goals for a game against Arbroath (from memory), this was a trial thing to see if they could bring it back for game when teams with a less number of away supporters played against us at Somerset, don't know what happened to it after this, was there ever any follow up to it? Or was it one of these one hit wonder ideas that we've had so many of in recent times?

Archived