Fixture man blows it again

Dipple burn

Talbot have a free week next Saturday thanks to the fixtures man even though apart from Hurlford they have played the least amount of league matches. Now I know this will be jumped upon by the usual Talbot haters, but please hear me out.

Next week we have a free week due to Kilbirnie's foray to Aberdeen, but in all honesty should it have been us.

1: There has been four enforced free weeks due to the senior cup and the junior cup. Arthurlie, Troon Petershill and Shotts so take them out the equation.

2: There were six clubs prepared to play the September weekend. Talbot,Hurlford, Petershill, Shotts, Clydebank and Arthurlie. These clubs played on a public holiday so take them out the equation.

3: This leaves Cumnock and Beith. Both have not been forced to take a free week, Both didn't play during the September weekend and both have played the most league matches.

4: The fixtures man has now put out the matches with Meadow and Arthurlie playing each other for the second time while both sides have still clubs to meet.

5: This is turning out to be a decent battle for the league title but the fixtures man seems happy to feck it up to make life easy even though he's being paid by the clubs and mostly the support.

6: If the fixtures man had made Cumnock redundant this weekend we would have had. Peasy v Beith, Shotts v Troon, Arthurlie v Glens, Hurlford v Meadow, Talbot v Bankies or if Beith are reduntant Arthurlie v Cumnock, Peasy v Troon, Hurlford v Shotts, Glens v Meadow, Talbot v Clydebank.

I may have got my working out wrong somewhere but if I have'nt then this weeks fixtures are a joke. Talbot are willing to play public holidays to eleviate fixture congestion but get shafted anyway. Also when we play our next Scottish tie Meadow will have built up a three match cushion. Poor show.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair I assume the fixtures must have been provisionally done before Saturdays games were played which is why T@lbot now end up free.

If they were released before Saturday then fair enough its just one of those things but the fact they were not released until after the games is strange that they have come out like this.

Talbot have a free week next Saturday thanks to the fixtures man even though apart from Hurlford they have played the least amount of league matches. Now I know this will be jumped upon by the usual Talbot haters, but please hear me out.

Next week we have a free week due to Kilbirnie's foray to Aberdeen, but in all honesty should it have been us.

1: There has been four enforced free weeks due to the senior cup and the junior cup. Arthurlie, Troon Petershill and Shotts so take them out the equation.

2: There were six clubs prepared to play the September weekend. Talbot,Hurlford, Petershill, Shotts, Clydebank and Arthurlie. These clubs played on a public holiday so take them out the equation.

3: This leaves Cumnock and Beith. Both have not been forced to take a free week, Both didn't play during the September weekend and both have played the most league matches.

4: The fixtures man has now put out the matches with Meadow and Arthurlie playing each other for the second time while both sides have still clubs to meet.

5: This is turning out to be a decent battle for the league title but the fixtures man seems happy to feck it up to make life easy even though he's being paid by the clubs and mostly the support.

6: If the fixtures man had made Cumnock redundant this weekend we would have had. Peasy v Beith, Shotts v Troon, Arthurlie v Glens, Hurlford v Meadow, Talbot v Bankies or if Beith are reduntant Arthurlie v Cumnock, Peasy v Troon, Hurlford v Shotts, Glens v Meadow, Talbot v Clydebank.

I may have got my working out wrong somewhere but if I have'nt then this weeks fixtures are a joke. Talbot are willing to play public holidays to eleviate fixture congestion but get shafted anyway. Also when we play our next Scottish tie Meadow will have built up a three match cushion. Poor show.

Its a fair point & one that has been made rather well! Not for a minute do I think the fixture guy is out to get the T@lbot, or any other club. However....... He does like to make life hard for folk. Himself being one of those folk!

15863304762_60cc94dd00_o.jpg

Why doesn't fixtures man arrange provisional fixture Talbot v ladeside if both clubs agree ?

Get sjfa to ensure a Friday inspection for ladesides game and if pitch doubtful put it off save club and fans from needless expenditures.

I know it's not ideal for shop , programs, ect but it would get both teams a game

Archived