Morton v Stenhousmuir

A straightforward home win before the cup break would be lovely, certainly there shouldn't be any issues of complacency within the squad, after dropping three points at Ochilview despite a lengthy spell of domination. The number of chances conceded in recent games suggests that Stenny will score at least one, which so long as we do a bit more up front than at Airdrie, would still be acceptable.

3-1.

I'd like to believe we're in a position to build on last weekend's excellent win over Dunfermline but I don't think this is the best match for us to be going into. Morton have begun to punch their weight in the division and are pretty handy at Cappielow. We're rotten on the road - we've only netted in one away game all season. I don't see any reason to change the formation or the personnel from the Dunfermline match for this one. As long as we can show the same level of intensity and look like a cohesive outfit, I'd be happy with that.

I've a feeling we can nick a point but it's unlikely.

We were unlucky not to get a point or even three in the reverse fixture after some great defending in the second half combined with some awful refereeing.

There's no reason that we shouldn't win this one we're on a good run of form and haven't conceded a goal yet in November. If we want to stay top of the league we need to be winning games like this.

2-0

Obviously nothing to fear from this Morton side but we are beyond horrible away from home so unless we can change that somehow it will be a routine home win.

Play the same team with the same intensity as last week and we will get at least a point but we can't string two performances together so I won't hold my breathe.

I take nothing for granted these days - too many of us will remember the 1-4 debacle in 2004.

That was indeed a 'baw buster'. We seem to be getting our shit together in the last few games so I'm daring to think positively for this one. I'll say a nervy 2-1 tho'

5 clean sheets in a row today chaps?

I would hope that after our defeat at Ochilview, added to their excellent win over Dunfermline last week, that we're not going to be underestimating Stenny today. I foresee a hard-fought 2-0 win, with Declan McManus once again getting amongst the goals.

5 clean sheets in a row today chaps?

I would hope that after our defeat at Ochilview, added to their excellent win over Dunfermline last week, that we're not going to be underestimating Stenny today. I foresee a hard-fought 2-0 win, with Declan McManus once again getting amongst the goals.

Hopefully a clean sheet :)

Archived