Jurassic Jim's Dunfermline v Stirling

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't fault the performance yesterday - dominated the vast majority of the game; 4 goals; clean sheet; hat trick for a re-instated striker who was yet to convince a lot of fans of his ability and his usefulness to the team. Overall, a good day at EEP yesterday. I would give every player pass marks from yesterday (not including the subs as they didn't have long enough on the park to make an impression on the match). However, despite Gozie's hat trick, and I'm not taking anything away from his performance, I'd personally give MOM to Andy Stirling. He finally managed to get 90 minutes in the first team under his belt while on top form. His set piece deliveries were excellent while he also tracked back to help out Williamson with the defensive duties, with Stirling (the team) have little joy down their left hand side all afternoon. TBH, it's been frustrating to have had Andy out for so much of the beginning of the campaign, he gives us a different dimension and when fully fit and on top form, as he proved yesterday, he can be a top performer for us. I also don't think there can be much complaints about the red card, from my vantage point it looked a clear red card - similar to the 2nd red card Peterhead picked up. A silly dive into Falkingham from the back, with the referee only meters away from the incident. It was a simple decision in the end, imo, for Colin Steven to brandish the red card.

Highlights and Post Match Interviews:

https://www.youtube.com/user/officialdafc/videos

Unfortunately I can't see us getting any big signings in January and if we do it will be a position that we don't need does anyone know if we still have Allison

As far as I am aware he is no longer with the club, heard problems with the injury he suffered that kept him out for most of last season unless anybody out their knows otherwise

Unfortunately I can't see us getting any big signings in January and if we do it will be a position that we don't need does anyone know if we still have Allison

Don't think we've got Allison anymore plus doubt he'd be the man to save us...

No disrespect to Stirling Albion, but we really should have properly destroyed you. 7/8-0 it could have ended up but Reidford pulled off some decent saves.

Called it at after the match that it was a straight red and nothing has made me change my mind after watching the highlights, total dirty play with no intentions to play the ball. Don't think the challenge from Buchanan around the 55th minute mark I was alluding to in a previous post made the highlights. Looked like a straight red at the time.

As far as I am aware he is no longer with the club, heard problems with the injury he suffered that kept him out for most of last season unless anybody out their knows otherwise

Don't think we've got Allison anymore plus doubt he'd be the man to save us...

Allison sadly jacked it in the summer I read somewhere. Also read that he looked finished, how true I don't know.

that's me lost a ton of confidence now.

Don't think the challenge from Buchanan around the 55th minute mark I was alluding to in a previous post made the highlights. Looked like a straight red at the time.

Lets be honest, no club would risk retrospective action by showing a controversial incident like that. I didn't think it was that bad at the time.

I knew that I'd go away and miss my first Pars match of the season and we'd rack up our biggest league win. Happened last season when we hosed Ayr 5-1 as well. You can all thank me later on lads.

Pleased that JJ made plenty of changes but I thought Faissal and Stuart Urquhart could find themselves a tad unlucky to be dropped. However, by all accounts it was a good, dominant performance and even on the brief highlights it looked like we could've had more goals. Ugwu's first two were good and hopefully that will boost his confidence massively. Andy Stirling's goal was a bit fortunate but will take that all day long. Obviously the only downside is Ryan Williamson's injury and hopefully he won't be out for too long.

Him aside, I hope he keeps faith with that team going to Stranraer next week in the cup. We need now though to put a run of form together.

Also, I don't see how the red card is anything but a sending off. A late, wild challenge with no intention of playing the ball. Perhaps down to frustration but a really silly tackle to make.

Archived