Jurassic Jim's Dunfermline v Stirling

2009_medium.gif

Poor Jurassic Jim, it simply gets all a bit too much for him when the realisation sets in that he has to take on yet another part time team next weekend.

Which begs the question, can the only known living, breathing dinosaur do the unthinkable and go one better by building upon our loss to the 9th placed team by topping it by failing to defeat the bottom placed side?

Stirling come into the match on the back of one league victory all season, so it would take something truly special to f**k this one up. However, knowing good old Jim, he'll give it his best shot.

If we fail to win, don't worry as Jim's herd will reassure us that everything will be just fine.

tumblr_mm481mgJtU1s0e8ajo1_400.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim (if he's still in charge) is promising changes. I suppose that will mean Falkingham and Stirling to replace Byrne and Spence in the random central midfield quartet. Maybe Smith or Ugwu to plod the lonely "create and convert your own chances" roles.

Scotland's performance on Saturday night showed the polar opposites of the impact a manager can make. On Friday we saw a team playing to their potential, in roles that suited them, with tactics that nullified opponents and a goal from a training ground move. I think if we'd locked Jefferies on the team bus and left Buchanan, Geggan and Moffat to pick a team and formation to beat Stenny we'd have cruised past them. Instead we play a formation that seems geared towards making it gloriously easy to defend against and ask players to perform roles that are alien to them.

The Scotland connotation to The Pars is actually quite fitting. This feels like watching the Levein era. We are fucking dreadful and should be bottom if it weren't for some epic defending from Scully and Buchanan throughout this season.

There comes a stage when you look at a squad and you can see there's nothing there and a change simply HAS to happen if we're serious about getting out this division.

Get rid of this moron and go for someone who can get the best out of a squad. Aitken at Stinlar or Danny Lennon please.

If he's still in charge I expect a defeat or draw. We are that bad.

What we should play (provided Scully recovers) in a wide 4231 formation

Scully

Williamson

Martin

Buchanan

Whittle

Geggan

Falkingham

Smith

Forbes

El Bakhtaoui

Moffat (as a target man, nothing else)

What Jefferies will probably play:

Same as usual.

If you's can't beat us jefferies has to go

Since the arrival of the new management team a couple of weeks ago we have shown an improvement but as stated above, you should beat us, anything less than a Dunfermline victory will be a bonus for the Albion. We will come to defend and hope to get away with a point from East End Park. Fingers crossed :)

Would start with Chemin and Stirling on each wing with Ugwu and El Bak upfront as they're our top scorers.

However, Jefferies will probably just rotate our several central midfielders around and play the exact same failure of a system.

The Binos have absolutely nothing to fear coming to EEP. Wouldn't surprise me if their new management team got their first league win.

While they may be our top scorers I'd say a large part of that is down to Moffat either creating direct chances for them or his off the ball running creating space for them.

Play with two wingers, let Moffat worry about scoring and I genuinely think we would see a massive difference. Smith would run the channels well if need be.

I can understand your argument, yet i honestly can't see the point in continuing to persist with a guy who hasn't scored in nine consecutive games.

He missed an absolute sitter yesterday. Guy has no confidence right now, so for me he needs dropped.

Since the arrival of the new management team a couple of weeks ago we have shown an improvement but as stated above, you should beat us, anything less than a Dunfermline victory will be a bonus for the Albion. We will come to defend and hope to get away with a point from East End Park. Fingers crossed :)

I agree there have been massive improvements since mclaren and corrigan came in but it could take up to a year to reach our full potential IMO and right now I am fully behind the management team like any true fan

It took a humiliating defeat to Stirling to get rid of Kenny and it might require something similar for JJ to walk. Really don't think he should even still be in charge for this one but we all know he will be.

He promised changes in the post-match yesterday so I'm expecting Williamson, Stirling, Falkingham, Smith and Ugwu to come in. Just dropping a couple of guys and playing the same shitty tactics is not the way forward. I would expect to see a completely new approach on Saturday if we're seriously expected to back him for the rest of the season.

I'm a poor c**t just now so I'll be giving this one a miss. Massive improvement needed.

Archived