Summer Football

Let's do that then - March to November. I'd miss the Xmas games but I'd get over it and probably have more fun watching English games in the pub.

Younger me has the answer. This.

Keep the Scottish Cup, bin the rest, and less league games.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are definitely diddy enough for summer football. The problem then would be, how do you make life bearable in Scotland in winter? Do we all just sit in pubs watching English football?
The problem is in winter through having to keep heating on to not have pipes freeze costs money that no games on means lack of income and Scottish clubs hardly have sugar daddies funding them

17 hours ago, andytheblacksmith05 said:

Used to think if you played in summer it was for more Diddy leagues but we could hardly classify spfl as a top league. Changed my mind about summer football and think it's good idea to start about March time that way more people will attend games in better weather plus being mid way in a season will have teams far more ready for European qualifiers

There was a game called off due to a waterlogged pitch in the second tier this week.

On 4/21/2018 at 07:54, andytheblacksmith05 said:

Used to think if you played in summer it was for more Diddy leagues but we could hardly classify spfl as a top league. Changed my mind about summer football and think it's good idea to start about March time that way more people will attend games in better weather plus being mid way in a season will have teams far more ready for European qualifiers

No they won't.

Archived