Does Anyone Not Support Their Home Town?

th1stleandr0se

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one called Royal Albert.

Joking aside, it was a private boat, not a ship in the Royal or Merchant Navy, but was likely named by its owner Captain Johns (who owned the two coal pits whose clubs merged to form Royal Albert FC) after the sail and screw propulsion ship which took part in the Crimean War.

dscn2492.jpg

Stroke of luck for the Albert that he hadn't owned the titanic.

When I was 7 my dad became the assistant manager of lochee harp and my grandad was on the committee my dad left the harp to go to dundee north end 2 years later I still went home and away my grandad passed away 2 years ago and I still go home and away

I live in the suburbs of Glasgow and of course back the #theesel - have thought about a move to the lil' town by the sea itself but it wouldn't really have much for me at the moment (despite my employers opening a branch there).

Tried to find a team to back in my years in Aberdeen but couldn't settle on one and hardly saw any football with Uni and work but I admit to having a soft spot for Bridge of Don Thistle.

I live in the suburbs of Glasgow and of course back the #theesel - have thought about a move to the lil' town by the sea itself but it wouldn't really have much for me at the moment (despite my employers opening a branch there).

Tried to find a team to back in my years in Aberdeen but couldn't settle on one and hardly saw any football with Uni and work but I admit to having a soft spot for Bridge of Don Thistle.

How did you end up a Largs man?

How did you end up a Largs man?

Father and family are both from the town (mother's side Glasgow) - I grew up in the posh hinterlands of East Renfrewshire - they didn't play football back then...

I stayed in Edinburgh when I was at uni n im a st rochs fan, but I wid go see Spartans or Edinburgh city, Edinburgh uni etc. I'd just tour grounds n not affiliate myself to any other team. my hearts with the candy n would never cheat on her

I have always lived in Beith & started supporting them in early 90's. However, always had a soft spot for Largs Thistle as my mum grew up on Brisbane St. We could watch games over the back wall & my uncle also took me to my first junior game at Barrfields when I was about 5. Had the pleasure of sitting on the bench for both teams lol.

I'm born and dragged up in Kilmarnock. I know Hurlford would be the closest, but father in law has been on the committee at Ladeside since moses left arbroath. I am now the mascot at Kilbirnie and wouldn't support any other team. As many have said, once a blastie........

I stayed in Edinburgh when I was at uni n im a st rochs fan, but I wid go see Spartans or Edinburgh city, Edinburgh uni etc. I'd just tour grounds n not affiliate myself to any other team. my hearts with the candy n would never cheat on her

why does it say on your profile ' My team Hall Russell United'

Was'nt there any janitor's jobs going in Glasgow at the time?

Born and bred in Edinburgh and a Hearts ST holder until 6 years ago. Was becoming disenchanted with the Vlad regime and senior football as a whole had become monotonous.

My move to Bo'ness gave me a chance to re-ignite my love for the game and have only been at Tynecastle once since then.

So not born in Bo'ness but definitely supporting my local team.

Archived